robrado974

euro parts - wishbones ?

Want to start replacing wishbones , crossmember n other bits . Veedubmachine sell the bones inc bushes for 56.00 ,but they are not genuine vag . Should be ok wont they?. Thanks Rob

VW will obviously be the best. Have heard of after market wishbones cracking/bending. Tierod69 on Ebay sells them as a set complete with R32 bushes. Think I'd go with those, as his parts are usually excellent quality. HTH!

Like most things in life, you get what you pay for.

If your wishbones are relatively rust free I'd get the VAG bushes and maybe do the TT/R32 upgrade while your there. It'll cost more than £56 but it would give you the fit and forget peace of mind.

Have you thought about

1. Getting your original wishbones sandblasted and powder coated.

2. or you may consider getting a second hand original wishbones and get that sandblasted and powder coated and build it up off the car and sell your original again to raise some cash back later.

Have thought about this . But with time off the road waitin for them to be done and cost . Not sure of powder coating costs but have looked online at tierod69 and they come out at 78.00 ? i think with bushes . Will be quicker to do a straight swop. Matt has offered me his powdercoated bones without bushes so will check out bush prices against buyin compleat set . Thanks rob