voo51

none sunroof late Corrado?

Hi guys, I am sure this has been asked many a time but I am currently in the process of buying a non sunroof 1995 Corrado, are these late ones rare? I have seen a few early ones but never a late one.

Thanks

Hi Vicki,

You may remember Judith's old storm which she sold a few years ago that didn't have a sunroof either! :)

8v's are fab if i'm honest, I really ove the driveability of it.

Thanks Kip I was just reading up on that!

I am not sure if I would keep the engine in as when I went to look at it it had 'mayo' on the dipstick so I Think the head gasket has gone/going. I miss my Corrado so much but I am really drawn to this one for some reason, it has quite a few issues but I want to know if the rarity of the none sunroof Corrado makes it worth it.

Hey Tom, yes it is! I went to look at it this morning, it's ok, would do for a project.

Thought it might be. It's been on and off eBay for months....at one point it was advertised by one seller in Northampton and another in Mansfield. One of the sellers said that 5th gear didn't work and the other (when I questioned him) said it wasn't his car and he was advertising it for a friend. It all seemed a little dubious to me so I left it alone. It may have been bought by someone who's now a genuine seller but I would advise a bit of caution. Incidentally if there is anything wrong with the gearbox and you do buy the car I happen to have the engine and box from my 8v (pre tdi) sat in my garage so if you need any bits let me know!

I thought it was the same one as well. I went to the chaps house to see and saw the v5 which said it was registered to there, also done a HPI check and all seems ok.

I only want it for the shell, that's why Iasked about the non sunroof model, so the engine, gearbox and interior will be coming out anyway but thankyou for the offer :-)