Ruck

Tyre Advice ... 7.5j et 25 and 9j et 15 16's

Right ..

Picked up some Borbet A alloys for my little toy yesterday - but the rears have SERIOUS stretch ... and need new tyres anyway.

Just wondering what tyres i should put on them to avoid serioues stretch - and also whether im going to need to roll the arches?

Figure before i spend any more money on them ill get some advice re the alloys - as if its gonna be a pain on the corrado ill sell em on!

You have 2 options here, lift the car and don't roll the arches or roll the arches and have it whatever height you want.

Fronts you want either 195/40/16s or 195/45/16s, personally my choice is 45 profile because you don't have to run the car as low to get the same look

Rears I would say a 215/40/16 or 205/40/16, some people like to go a little bit further and go 205/40/16 or I think even 215/35/16.

Have a look on tyrestretch.com, you WILL have to run stretch if you don't want to roll the arches, how much is up to you. My advice is get the arches rolled, I didn't on my old valver running exactly the same wheels and on a heavy bump the tyre caught the arch and flipped it inside out. Another thing to consider is different tyres have different thickness sidewalls so 2 tyres exactly the same profile may be totally different.

Plenty of people have fitted them though and plenty of people are running them without rolled arches without a problem! hope that helps!

Thanks for that info!!! really useful!

Ive been looking about...and the arches are about £90 to have done both sides...

The rear tyres on the car at the mo... have such a mad stretch id be concerned to drive on them! Think i wanna go for minimal stretch as i dont know much about tyre stretch and am a bit cautious!

Think i would prefer to have the arches rolled... and not worry!

BTW - does having stretch tyres affect insurance in anyway??