mimjed

have etka? feeling kind?

Anybody feeling kind enough to check whether the suspension on a y reg bora tdi sport is the same as all mk4 golfs? Or a what models have the same?

Think I'm going to have to get a new strut and poss spring from a scrappy tomorrow. Need the car for sat and I'm guessing stealers will be expensive. Figure I'm more likely to find a golf.

Many thanks in advance. Jim

Don't have ETKA myself, but have you tried vagcat.com? You should be able to get the info you need off there :)

Looks like the Sport models share the same part numbers on shocks and springs, but quite a few deviations on other models.

I used to have a Vento and when I got it, the previous owner had replaced the rear shocks at some point with mk3 golf items but due to the extra wait associated with saloon at the rear it didn't feel good at all. Fronts shouldn't be too much of an issue though as long as the replacements come from a TDI Sport.

Hope this helps.

iirc sport models sometimes come with a sport pack that has slightly lower suspension. Best thing to do is get some part numbers off your existing setup

All sorted now, managed to find the same bora as a breaker.

Was led to believe it's the same setup as the gti mk4's, as you say sits slightly lower. But didn't confirm this sadly.

Cheers fellas.