priceyslayerman

Camber on front drivers side wheel

hey guys. ive just had new wheels put on my vr6 and have adjusted the camber on the front back to normal as i had quite a lot of camber on the old wheels. After i had done this it seems that the passenger side wheel is very straight and the drivers side wheel has quite a bit more camber to it. I was thinking that it could be the top mounts but wanted to get some suggestions before i start buying things. Cheers, Pricey

My friend has adjusted camber on all sort of VW's and cant seem to figure out why it wont go straight. The passenger side is completly straight to the eye but you can see a considerable difference with the drivers side. The person who had the car before me did a ban job of fitting the coilovers by putting the top mounts upside down and other things but we changed that. We also noticed that there are thread lock nuts instead of the special nuts you get with a top mount kit fitted, Could that be the problem?

I cant see the top mount nut being the problem, whats wrong with the drivers side - too much negative or too much positive camber? Id be checking the top mounts are fitted correctly, nothing bent?

Well im going to be getting new top mounts shorty as i want everything working as it should but there is a bit to much negative camber. My mate said that his 6n always had a bit more on his drivers side wheel than his passenger so was thinking it might be a factory thing?

If it's not possible to even up the camber, either you're not doing it right .. :) .. or something is bent .. either the strut itself or the hub assembly where it fits onto it.