24V Renshaw

312's under 15" Speedlines?

In advance of Sundays rolling road day I need to replace my front brakes.

I have two sets of MK4 Calipers one set with 288 carriers and one set with 312 carriers. The thing I don't have is discs.

I don't really want to buy and fit 288 discs to then replace them in a few weeks with 312's when I get bigger wheels.

So. Will 312's fit inside 15" Speedlines with spacers? or do they simply not fit inside the wheel?

I am guessing not and I will have to end up selling a basically brand new 288 kit following my rolling road trip to fit my 312's.

Never had this problem before as I have always had bigger wheels LOL.

Jay

Fit the 288's, 312's wont fit without big spacers if at all. I tried with my Willwoods and needed about 30mm spacers either side and they were less intrusive than the standard calipers.

Ive also asked if there was an apreicalble difference from 288 to 312 and the comment was no so the 288's are best to allow you to run the standard wheels if need be.

Not a chance in hell unfortunately, here they are sat behind 16's! Won't fit without a lot of metal being taken off, that caliper is resting on the outside edge of the wheel and I don't even think the disc is centred there!

IMAG0395.jpg

Thought as much, but never actually tried with 15's and they sit nicely on my wifes MK4 behind 16" Montreals.

288's it is then :)

Jay

---------- Post added at 01:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:03 PM ----------

Cheers all :)

Need to be careful of placement of wheel weights too apparently mate - 288's are a better fit behind Solitudes apparently, but on Speedlines you need to ensure that wheel weights are well away from the callipers as they will catch.

Only 15" wheels I could get my 312's under were compomotive mo's ! tight fit, but it did fit and with no problem at all :)

Pete