joeypineapplez

Digital mileage display gone weird

My corrado G60 digital mileage display has **** its pants. The numbers on it are gone all gooble-dekook. [- 6[]-1_2[] thats the only way I can describe it.

I have put another set of clocks in and they work fine but the miles on these say 160K and the car only has 130K. Id like to keep it accurate for obvious reasons.

So can anyone give me advice on what to do.

Can I get the new clocks reset to 130K miles if so where and how much approx.?

Or can the original set be repaired.? Loose connection, bad solder joint etc.?

Or does anyother Vag car share the same digital mileage display unit and I can simply swap it out.

Any advice welcome. Thanks

It is possible, and there's nothing dodgy about lowering (or raising!) the mileage on a replacement set of clocks so it reads the correct number for the vehicle. These guys are the closest to me but there's bound to be someone near you offering the same service. Try a Google search for 'mileage correction'.

Never used them myself but it's handy to know they do exist!

Stone

clocking isnt actually illegal, its only illegal if youre lowering a cars mileage. Places will correct the mileage on clocks for you. But im sure you have to prove mileage through MOT certs or something.

not true, it's not illegal to lower. it's illegal to lower with the intention to falsify info. ie if you lower the mileage to make the car worth more then this is very illegal, if however you tell the buyer or have documentation showing the changes then this is fine.

It's hard to get away with clocking these days as the MOT store the mileage online so we can all view the mileage on any car, allowing us to check for any discrepencies. but for Joe, it sounds like the mileage will be made to match the car so would be perfectly acceptable

Yeah i didnt stop to think that i was actually asking how to clock my car but in fairness its just as easy to get a 2nd set of clocks with much lower miles and stick them in. I know the car has 130,000 miles and just want to be accurate. All my services reciepts etc back this up. Im just a nerd and want everthing to be correct.

I guess ill just wait untill i find a set of clocks for sale with the right mileage. I also plan on keeping this car until it disintegrates. I have had my golf gti for 10 years now and i have no intention of ever selling. I get attatched to cars and if i didnt have a girlfriend my yard would be full of old wrecks :)