CheeryPoppin'Corrado

Which door handle?

Hi All,

I have a '92 G60 with typical busted handles on both sides. I have been to VW and bought the handle which doesn't come with the wiring attached and this seems not to operate the striking finger inside the door.. I know from my old handle that the wire was cut on it but my central locking etc. still worked. Has anyone had this happen to them.

Oh and sorry if it seems like a stupid post, but I've been away from the whole C thing for nearly 4 years.

Have they given you a rear handle from a passat by mistake? In fact, they may have given you the front ones too and should explain the issue your seeing. how much did you pay for them?

post the part number up, someone may be able to confirm.

i had the option of 2 handle the useless guy at VW said. There was one at 47 pounds and one at 82 pound. no idea what the part number is now but he did say there was 2, one that comes with a lead attached for central locking and one that doesn't. I have the handle that was 47 pounds without the lead attached as the lead on my old handle was cut anyway and central locking still worked. Stroked maybe?

---------- Post added at 12:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:39 PM ----------

Somehow the invoice has popped up, it was part # V535 837 206 H and cost 43.02 pounds. Hope this helps all the wise folks on the C forum.

not sure mate, just tried to check it out and the part number looks right, but there are a few part numbers available so cant pin point the problem

hopefully someone can answer the problem for us.

You don't need the cable attached (or plugged in!) for the central locking to work - it's only there to operate the hold-key-in-lock-position-to-shut-windows-and-sunroof function. When I cut the (damaged) cable off my driver's door handle I was still able to lock and unlock the whole car, including the boot, just from the mechanical and air action - though it did struggle a little!

I haven't checked the part numbers on mine but it sounds to me like you've been sold the wrong handle - it may fit the holes in the door but isn't lined up with the striker properly so the car doesn't know you're trying to lock it. I'd be returning them for a refund and a whinge ;)

Stone

Edited by Stonejag