_Rich_

subframes

hi guys

before anyone shouts at me lol, i have tried the search but cant find definitive answers.

bascialy i want to refurbish my front subframe/rear subframe (axle?) i cant find any corrao ones local and people want silly amounts from ebay to courier them. is there any others that are a direct fit? or must be it be corrado parts?

maybe mk2 golf rear axle? i found that the front subframe is different but no info about the rear.

cheers

rich

Where are you located matey?

And is it a 4 or 5 stud axel you're after?

Rich, type "corrado golf subframe" into the search and you'll be amazed!

Summary:

Corrado subframe identical BUT has 2 extra main parts. Little tabs behind the ARB mounts which attach further back on the chassis rails under the car, and that big metal block which I think is for vibration/harmonic/resonance damping. It's an NVH thing.

Mk2 Rear Axle - Will work, but not as strong as the Corrado (aka Passat) item. This is because the C axle has reinforcement plates over each of the 'corners' so to speak. If you do some research and find some pics of each you'll understand what I mean.

hth.

p.s. I have a refurbed one fully loaded with wishbones, ARB, LBJs and a rear engine mount all febi parts for sale at the moment. See the plum bits thread.

I have both for sale also.

Front subframe, fully powdercoated with powerfex bushes through our and a fully rebuilt rear axel; new bushes, discs, pads, bearings, handbrake cables, clips, MK4 rear calipers and carriers, MK4 conversion Goodridge hose etc etc. all VAG parts.

Located in Sheffield but I can deliver.