robo22sri

gear linkage?!?

I was just wondering if anyone has info on the gear linkage.

When driving my car its teribble going from 1st to 2nd! and there is a fair bit of movement in the stick.

Is it hard to change the linkage? is my clutch shot?

Cheers Rob

have you checked all the clips are on the linkage,mine was missing a clip and it made a massive differace when i refitted 1

could be a number of factors. check for loose fixings etc, then get the mechanism checked that its correctly adjusted before you start worrying about clutch/gearbox problems

could be a number of factors. check for loose fixings etc, then get the mechanism checked that its correctly adjusted before you start worrying about clutch/gearbox problems

thank you mate :D

I will look into it, I was thinking the linkage is probably shot being 19 years old :lol:

yeh mess around with the adjusters on the gearbox, mine was terrible when i got it but after 20mins adjusting its been perfect ever since.

a hard 1st to 2nd change is normally syncromesh inside the box. Marshall's clicking sounds like linkages though. A synco going is normally shown up by difficulty selecting gear including some grinding.

Deffo worth checking other things before splitting the box though!