Portent

VR6 Pocket Mechanic - Now that wasn't what I expected :)

I just bought one of these, wanting to do some very basic work such as servicing etc:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Pocket-Mechanic-Volkswagen-Engine-Alhambra/dp/1898780811/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1322526335&sr=8-1

It arrived today and it seems far more geared to a semi-pro who wants to overhaul the whole engine. Not quite what I was expecting. It might be useful for some of you more advanced people...

I found this book invaluable when rebuilding my engine last year, contains a heck of a lot of information that the Bentley didn't seem to, and in a nice small package.

I'd recommend it to anyone.

If you're looking to shift it on, give me a shout as I might actually buy one of these.

Mod Edit - please don't post that. The Bentley manual is copyrighted material, and it is illegal to discuss ownership or distribution of such material. Thanks.

Edited by Jim

Yes I have the Bentley manual too. But I was expecting this pocket one to be a little more basic and with step by step instuctions on general servicing. But it was actually the opposite :)

StueyB - I'll keep it in mind. I'd pretty much decided to keep it if for no other reason than building up a history of the car and anything related to Corrado's/VR6's for any future owner. But you can still buy them from Amazon.