Philstrm250

The ultimate guide to the fiirst aid box and warning triangle!

Hi, can anyone please enlighten me on any size differences between the blue and white first aid kit boxes and their contents and the early / late style warning triangle for the Corrado - if there were any differences?

Also is the rear centre seat hump for the first aid kit and the upper inner pocket for the warning triangle the same size for both early and late style interiors? Could I for instance take an early style blue first aid kit from the seat hump and fit it into a late interior seat hump without any issues, or visa versa?

I also have heard that some of the early Corrado models had the above fitted in the well of the boot on the left hand side from new and if so then are these the same size and type as the ones fitted in the rear seat on the later cars!? Is everything interchangable regardless of age?

Many thanks for your help and let the debate begin!...

Cheers,

Phil

:scratch:

Boost monkey - so is yours a genuine VAG one and what colour is it or is it an aftermarket kit?

I'm guessing that the early VAG first aid kit was blue and the late cars had a white box.

Okay, I don't have any experience with early ones, but here is what I know..

Of the late spec cars, only VR6s have an armrest (unless you have leather in which case they all have the hump?) I'm not too sure where they go in the late ones.

I would imagine that the early and late cars have the same 1st aid box. I have one in the MK2 Golf (secured by the boot bracket, and one in the Corrado (late VR6) and they're the same size. The one in the Corrado is actually a new replacement I bought from VW - a hard black box but still exactly the same size as the original (and all the stuff inside is still in date!)

The kits from the '80s were all blue

Kits from the '90s tended to be white (have seen white with red writing from a Corrado and white with green writing which is what's in the MK2)

The new kits from VW are black

Black and white are the same size, I imagine the blue one is too as both the white boxes and blue boxes are designed to fit in the MK2 Golf bracket.

As for the contents, I don't know the differences, but safe to say that original ones are all going to be out of date, so not guaranteed to be sterile.

As for triangles, I have one in the Corrado in the rear bench, and one in the MK2 Golf which straps to the back of the rear panel, and again, they're both exactly the same size.

tony_ack - many thanks for all the info., that's great. So I need to find a first aid kit for my Storm as it's missing, do you still have the VAG part no. handy for the new genuine kit please and what did you order from the stealers - a new golf first aid kit!? are there different types available and how much was it?

Cheers mate

Actually, got it off eBay irrc, but it was sealed in VW packaging, so obviously a new item. It was £8 off eBay, compared to about £20-25 new from VW, and ££££ for the original second hand ones

Don't have a VW part no (and the car is garaged for the winter away from home so can't check), but here are some pics I took of it after it was unwrapped:

IMAG0259.jpg

IMAG0260.jpg

IMAG0261.jpg

Early were blue, Late are white and both go in the armrest unless as stated above it has a bench type seat then on the bracket in the boot. :)

Part number for the first aid kit is 000093113 and it's about £21 from a dealer (still available)

Interesting to know as people ask for silly money on ebay for them.

Good to know that there's a current genuine first aid kit still available. Any idea if you can still get the warning triangle from the dealer too or has that long been obsolete? Does anyone know if the warning triangle brand and size of box stayed the same throughout the production life of the Corrado or did it vary a bit, like the colour of the first aid kit box? Would any Votex triangle in it's box fit into any age or model of Corrado?

Edited by Philstrm250

Interesting to know as people ask for silly money on ebay for them.

I know, it's hilarious! There never was a car specific first aid kit. Nowhere on the box is 'Corrado' mentioned so where people get this crazy idea of "genuine Corrado FA kit and hazard triangle" from is a mystery :lol:

I chucked mine out years ago, and it was grey, just to add a different flavour to the Blue / white debate ;)

Not only that, but the original first aid kit is useless as the contents (from a medical standpoint) are useless and have expired long ago...

I know, it's hilarious! There never was a car specific first aid kit. Nowhere on the box is 'Corrado' mentioned so where people get this crazy idea of "genuine Corrado FA kit and hazard triangle" from is a mystery :lol:

I chucked mine out years ago, and it was grey, just to add a different flavour to the Blue / white debate ;)

no, not the case, I have a 535 part number first aid box at home, no idea which age corrado it came from as I bought it at an autojumble once, it is a perfect snug fit in the armrest though and it is a grey one too.

Yep some definately have 535 numbers on so I guess is was just to help with picking at the factory as they are a pretty generic kit.

no, not the case, I have a 535 part number first aid box at home, no idea which age corrado it came from as I bought it at an autojumble once, it is a perfect snug fit in the armrest though and it is a grey one too.

You learn something new every day! :) Cheers!