davidwort

motors for heater blowers

Anyone know if the mk3 heater blowers use the same type of motor as the mk2/corrado?, I know the mk4 ones are a bigger motor, but I wondered if a mk3 one would work as the motors can be removed from the housing fairly easily and swapped.

The mk3 housing and wiring is slightly different but I'd rather use a second hand vag motor than one of the cheapo complete pattern blowers, they aren't up to the job, one fitted to my car by a previous ower is on it's way out already.

My cheapo one didn't last long either!

I got a new one from the stealers beginning of the year, always up for an upgrade,so will be watching this thread .

Be interested to know too - need a new heater motor for the VR as it's noisy and a bit lethargic, but can't quite bring myself to spend the £60!

Mk3 ones are bigger but would be good if they did fit...

That said a new Valeo one is £50 and will last years, hardly going to break the bank!

WD40 into the bearings works a treat. Been keeping mine going for 12 years like that. Needs doing every couple of years.

I brought a replacement from German, Swedish & French, fits exactly the same and it's a valeo one at that.