Johnny H

Could be my 1st Corrado?

Hi Guys.

Been looking around for a long time now and i'm finding it hard to find the right car for me.

I've found this one on ebay and its only up the road and i'm thinking i could make it the car for me.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1993-VOLKSWAGEN-CORRADO-VR6-RED-/150712840368?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item23172f70b0

What do you guys think about it? and what do you think its worth??

Thanks for your time.

Johnny

Looks ok. check for usual stuff like timing chains, and if head gasket has been done...

the rust on the back seem should be sorted out ASAP, could possibly need some new panel welding in...

looks okay... but i'd try and have a viewing before you part with your wonga !

it's got the right interior if your a fan of black leather recaro's

looks like there are a couple of trim items missing inside, handbrake cover is one i can see first off...

As above, arrange viewing, maybe worth while checking that the ABS light comes on and goes out on starting the car, check all electrics and have a look under the car too...

interior looks nice though, check for any coolant leaks, and that aux water pump etc... works :) ive youve had a VR6 before, then you'll know all the usual stuff to look for..

looking at the rust scabing, {on the door?} from my experiance with my rust bubbling, theres deffinatly a hole underneith that! so bare that in mind if you do decide to purchase it, might be cheaper to find a rust free door and have it sprayed to match.atleast it has 12months mot...

Thanks for your replys Guys.

Part of me says go for it but a big part of me says wait for a better one thats got no rust and needs little work if any.

Oooh headlamp washers and Recaro's..! :luvlove:

Worth buying for a punt, and if it's a heap you'll easily get £500 for the recaros alone

Yep, should get some interested. Hmmm, I'd like headlamp washers and wouldn't say no to Recaro's!!!

No i didn't, he must of pulled it off before it ended (which was sunday).

Back to looking again lol.

Thanks for all the replys tho

Johnny

Have you tried putting an ad in the wanted section? A quick description of the car thats just right for you, colours and spec you'd like along with a rough price you want to spend you may find people offering cars for sale that aren't in the classifieds

I'd recommend you drop the seller a note via ebay - always worth a try. I found my VR6 Corrado via ebay - I did not bid on it and it was sold to someone else - i contacted the seller saying to let me know if they have issues with the sale and that I was interested. The buyer did pull out and things worked out for me - so maybe worth a try.

Have you tried putting an ad in the wanted section? A quick description of the car thats just right for you, colours and spec you'd like along with a rough price you want to spend you may find people offering cars for sale that aren't in the classifieds

Good idea, i'll do that.

thanks

---------- Post added at 07:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:16 AM ----------

I'd recommend you drop the seller a note via ebay - always worth a try. I found my VR6 Corrado via ebay - I did not bid on it and it was sold to someone else - i contacted the seller saying to let me know if they have issues with the sale and that I was interested. The buyer did pull out and things worked out for me - so maybe worth a try.

I did think of doing that but with the work that needs doing i think i could find a better one, i know it was cheap but by time you get it the way you want it it would cost the same as a tidy one.

Thanks tho mate