Rorgasm

new rims rubbing, please help........

Morning all. Recently purchased some 17” Wolfrace alloys with 205/40R17 Enduros on them. Not to my surprise the tyres rub on the inside of my arches. I’ve adjusted my coil overs to as high as the will go which has helped but I still have the same issue. I do have a set of spacer from the old set of alloy but they were fitted to the rear. Reluctant to fit spacers or play around anymore with my setup before getting advice from someone who has a good idea on what they are talking about because I haven’t got a clue, obviously. Any advice would be gratefully received, thanks.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]50495[/ATTACH]

I take it that your fronts are now rubbing?

What are the wheel offsets and widths?

Really your only option is gonna be spacers, just try to use hub centric ones if poss.

Cheers for responding. Yeh it’s only the fronts that are rubbing when im going round corners. I get one turn of the steering wheel turning right & between half to ¾ turning right.

Speaking to Alloywheels.com (supplier of the alloys & tyres) & they said the offset is 38mm & the width is 7x17. They are looking into the problem for meat the moment but no doubt they will wash their hands of me due to the fact I have coil over knowing my luck.

Could my coil overs be the problem??

You need 5 or 10mm spacers.

The wheels are wider than standard so using standard offset is bringing them in as well as out.

Surprised they're rubbing though, size wise that's not crazy at all

i didn't think i'd gone over the top with any of it but have been having this sort of luck as of late. i have 10mm spacers but like i said, they were on my rear wheel. i take it they aren't the right type??

[ATTACH=CONFIG]50499[/ATTACH]

i've got a sneaky suspition that my coilover are still too low when fully extended as the rubbing is mostly on the top corners. Would changing spring lengths make any diference?? or am i just clutching at straws now??

Heard back from the suppiers & they are baffled as to why they are rubbing. They are blaming it on the coilover.

try using those spacers for now, see whether it makes any difference.

really you should be using hubcentric ones so the wheels can rest on the spacers lip.. but 10mm with longer bolts will be fine.

i can imagine you're running too low to get away with 205/40s on a 7" width, but ET38 wont be helping for sure.

Edited by bristolbaron

If that pic is as high as it goes then you'll probably need new springs. When I bought my car it was around that height (ie, slammed!) on 17" rims with 205/40/17s and the fronts rubbed quite a bit. That was on fixed-height shocks/springs though.

I swapped to cheap coilovers and it made a huge difference - I raised it at least 45mm from its previous height and it's still got a ~40mm drop on it...I figure I can swap them for more expensive ones once I've settled on a wheel/height combination I like. No more rubbing, and it's much less uncomfortable!

Stone

im officially a Div!!!!! Coil overs had A LOT more compresstion to go. After spening ages cleaning all the crap of them i soon realised that my nuts were stopping at a certain point. A good soaking of WD40 & elbow grease & hey presto no more rubbing.

Thanks for your advice guys, Appreciate very much:thumbleft:

After spening ages cleaning all the crap of them i soon realised that my nuts were stopping at a certain point.

:camp:

Glad you're all sorted bud.