benzo_26

Engine stays on when lights are on!

Hi, hopefully in the right section with this. Lately I have noticed that at nighttime when I turn my engine off but haven't turned the lights off first, the engine keeps running even with no key in the ignition. Once I turn the lights off the engine goes off. Seems very odd but wondering if anyone has come across this or knows why it might happen?

Cheers.

I suspect there's a short circuit somewhere keeping the X relay energised after the key is taken out.

Happened to me a while ago. The reverse light switch loom had slowly fused together after many years of rubbing the sleeving away. The only way I could stop the engine off was to disconnect the reverse light switch.

Try wiggling the key about as well because sometimes the ignition switch goes bad (common problem) on Corrados.

I suspect there's a short circuit somewhere keeping the X relay energised after the key is taken out.

Happened to me a while ago. The reverse light switch loom had slowly fused together after many years of rubbing the sleeving away. The only way I could stop the engine off was to disconnect the reverse light switch.

Try wiggling the key about as well because sometimes the ignition switch goes bad (common problem) on Corrados.

Thanks for the reply I will have a look and see if I can work it out.