Sign in to follow this  
leigh

fuel in the oil, g60

hi, may need a bit of help with a problem, my oil level seems to have raised a bit and smells of petrol, car runs perfect no missfires, and still pulls very strong on the road, put car on an exhaust gas analizer, co at tick over perfect, hc at 67 ppm so all thats going in apears to be getting burnt, at tick over at least, did a compression test and got between 110 and 120 psi on all cyliders which the autodater book says is right so no pistonring trouble, do not know what to do next, any ideas?. car has r1 charger, 68mm pulley&chip [jabba] front mount intercooler.

Do you do short journies in your car? An always cold motor will be running a bit richer due to the mapping. Some of that fuel could make its way past the rings.

Where is your chip from?

'so all thats going in apears to be getting burnt, at tick over at least'.. My first imported SNS chip was OK at tickover but massively rich otherwise. Try analyising above tickover say 3k. Not a real test cos there is no load on the engine but it may give a better idea.

Is the consumption normal? Maybe the Lambda probe is duff? Do you have an air fuel ratio meter fitted, that would show if the mixture is cycling up and down.

In the meantime I would do an oil change or get yourself on a longish run. Heating up the oil will cause the petrol to evapourate and it'll be ingested through the breather system.

Gavin

i had a the similer problem . turned out to be a i'd been running soooo rich it had flooded the cyilnders contamiating the oil, all was rectifiled with an sns chip, my previous chip was made up using jabbas as a base then uping the fueling on the computer, not recommended. get he injectors checked as well then phone darren at g werks and get them to look at it, go on get red tops and a sns chip, you know you want to, oh and change the oil and filter pronto or you'll damge you bore,

I had a problem with fuel in the the sump a couple of years ago, that was due to a dry joint in the ecu and it was pumping too much petrol into the cylinders, which was causing it to pass the rings straight into the sump. I didn't notice any side effects of this for a while and then it started to become harder and harder to start in the mornings until one day it just didn't want start at all. That was when I was running standard chip and std charger. I got the ecu fixed and haven't had any problems like that since. I dont know if this could be the same problems your having but I'd thought I would mention it just in case, maybe worth getting it checked out!