Sign in to follow this  
Andy T

Early/Late door cards - Differences??

Whats the difference between them?

On Etka they are exactly the same part number(?) Obviously the early cards have a hole in the flat part of the panel for the EW switches. Do the late cards have a hole near the door handle for the Combined handle, EW & Mirror switch? (going off memory now)

Are there any other differences? Photos would be good.

The reason I ask is because I have the early interior and I want to get rid of the EW switch there (it looks crap and is akward to use!)

I want to put tweeters in their place (easy on the passenger side, but the double switch hole on the drivers side is too big) and then have the EW switches in Audioscape door pods.

I guess If I got late door cards I would have to get the late door handle/EW/EM unit ???

Cheers for any help!

electric window switches are on the door pockets and the electric mirror switch is on the drivers handle.

HTH

Amit

theres also a bracket which the door handle screws unto which is needed for the conversion

I have a set of the later ones and all the switches which i will fit later in the year, the EW plugs are slighly different but hopefully they will reach and I will need to get a pair of later door pulls from Inters. Whats this bracket then Majik?, looking on ETKA but can't see what you mean, any chance of a pic?

Yeah i will sort some pictures out when i find the bits, the window switches (i tihnk the mirrors too) have different wiring plugs so you need to chop and change, not hard.

Alex (Aposegil) has done this conversion so he knows best

Ah right, dont know why i thought the EW was on the handle!

Are the EW switches on the door pockets the same as the earlier type? or maybe the same switches but in a different housing?

Is the 'bracket' the plastic extended bit of the door handle?

Ah right, dont know why i thought the EW was on the handle!

Are the EW switches on the door pockets the same as the earlier type? or maybe the same switches but in a different housing?

no the switches are of different design........the later E/W switches are more similar to Mk3 Golf ones...while the early switches are more rectangular in design :wink:

Cheers, I'll need to get myself a set of these then, as they'll be going in Audioscape pods, and will probably look better than the old type

ta