Trickygti

What standard headunit came in a 93 VR6 Corrado?

I'm trying to keep my Corrado as original as possible, It's fairly low mileage and in totally rust free condition and I want to keep it factory standard condition, replacing any worn or ageing parts with original VW parts where possible.

Thing is I want to fit an original stereo to keep things looking original inside. There's an instruction book in the service book pack for a Sony MD player but I'm thinking these came out a few years later than 93? It is a very similar looking headunit to what a lot of dealerships fitted back in the nineties but i think its a bit newer than when the car was registered.

Any help would be much appreciated.

A dilemma I had today, hate the stereo currently installed but do I look at something more oem or go balls out on a double din?

Cheers for the link, the manual I've got must be for a newer MD player as it's not on that list anywhere. Might still go for one for the retroness of them and have a CD changer in the boot or under the rear seat center hump to keep it completely out of sight :)