Sign in to follow this  
task

Hello everybody.

I have my corrado G60 for about two months now ,and I have to say it needs a lot of work done before I dare and post any pictures of it . I have noticed a difference in the acceleration of the car between hot days and cold days it seems a somehow slower on the hot days, if anyone has a cold air intake fitted to his g60. I would like an advice if I should get one.

just wondering are the C.VR6 a 24valver?

Hiya! Welcome to the forum! 8)

The Corrado G60 is affected by the outside temperature due to the standard intercooler being so small that it easily gets heat-soaked and stops working properly... Unfortunately, there's nothing you can do to prevent this (or cure it) except for installing a new, bigger intercooler. :|

The cold air intake is a very good idea. There's a carbon cannister that sits under the airbox in rather a nice hole through the chassis leg. If you use the search and look for "carbon AND removal" you'll find some good threads on how to do this... The hole that's left once this is removed is ideal for use as a direct cold air feed into the air box... 8)

Corrado VR6's are 12valve.... 8)

Hope this helps... :)

Corrado VR6's are 12valve.... 8)

apart from CoxyLaad's....git. :?

How has he managed this? I was thinking about that the other day. Must be the ultimate custom made job!! 8)

What a beast it must be :D

timo

Would aquamist solve this problem

Sandy

It'd definately help... 8) Then again, so would NOS! ;) :lol:

Just get hold of a bigger front mount intercooler, and you'll be laughing... ;) 8)

itllhelp thats for sure but its intended uses id to cool heavily charged air not heatsoaked stuff. a proper cooler will give a denser charger to start with. removing the boost return will also help. ive not noticed anywhere near as much performance degredation since i removed it. a bigger cooler just takes longer to soak. i got both bigger front mounted cooler and no boost return and the degredation is now next to nothing.