bmcc

Drivers side window mechanism

In need of a mechanism for drivers side window as cable snapped, currently help up with block of wood. I bought one of ebay but is a passengers one after advertising it was drivers side!!!

There are some after market ones for sale on ebay without the cables, i have just had one fitted and it is significantly better than the original.

I can't provide the direction on ebay as I did not purchase it myself.

Good Luck

Yes they are obsolete from VW.

Yes, Vince fitted the new one, it just has a motor, no cables.

It runs much smoother than the original and significantly faster and quieter.

Cost me £70.00

Thanks for helping with the temporary fix at RR day.

Wendy

Nice - £70's not bad at all - mine cost £220!!!

No probs - I'd forgotten about it but the temp fix lasted until you were booked in I hope!?!

Sure it lasted fine, but small dent in drivers door - caused by block of wood I think !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not a worry though - very fortunately one of my clients is a Dent Repair Company - who has already looked at it and said it will be an easy fix.

I did not metion if prior to the last RR day, as someone was talking about bringing in a Dent repair Company - but I am sure my client based in Banbury could be interested in joining us on the next one.

He is very busy and recently taken on more staff so I reckon must be good, I don't think there is a garage/dealership within 30 miles that does not use him.

Sure it lasted fine, but small dent in drivers door - caused by block of wood I think !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not a worry though - very fortunately one of my clients is a Dent Repair Company - who has already looked at it and said it will be an easy fix.

I did not metion if prior to the last RR day, as someone was talking about bringing in a Dent repair Company - but I am sure my client based in Banbury could be interested in joining us on the next one.

He is very busy and recently taken on more staff so I reckon must be good, I don't think there is a garage/dealership within 30 miles that does not use him.

Oh no really? - we were a bit limited on resources that day!

Yeah be good to get them along to the next day - maybe you can arrange that and then get yours done for free!

is there any way of replacing just cable alone?

Not easily but if they're obselete it would be good if we could find someone to refurb - it's quite a complicated mechanism even though it's based on simple principles.

Hi mate sorry have been away. The one in the workshop is a passenger side sorry.

I thought I had one but cant seem to find it. Mind you I have parts at home, workshop and friends house so if I come across it I'll let you know.

Chris

no problems mate, think i might have got one actually :) there are two corrados just came into my local scrapyard!! never seen one in there and now there is two lol

i bought a drivers one off ebay couple of weeks ago but when it went to get fitted it was a passengers side one!! :( damn ebay sellers!! how can you tell just by looking?? so i know in future

bestt to look at the fittings & wiring connection for the motor in comparison to the fitting bracket for the window (dont know the part numbers off hand But sure someone could tell you easily)

Get as much as you can of the rados in the scrapy if you ask me as that doesnt happen. There was 2 in one near me a couple of years ago and tried to get things that were useable but shows the car they gave them. They cut the suspension out rather than removing it so cut through the late wings that didnt show any signs of rust (apart from where they had cut them and just left). But hey ho it about the moeny isnt it I suppose.

Chris

i was looking at them on ebay and noticed there is small piece of blue plastic on passenger ones, and red on drivers one on base of slider bar thing, so thinking this may be some sort of visual clue??