prorider0420

Need help with fuse/relay wiring

I recently purchased a 93 corrado slc with a vr-6 5speed for a good price. For some reason the fuse panel was completetly unhooked. I purchased a bentley manual for the wiring diagrams but still having trouble finding were all the wire connectors hook to such as the single and double wires etc. So if anyone has any pics or anything useful that would help me out that would be awsome. Thanks

When you say unhooked do you mean there is nothing plugged into the fusebox or is it unhooked from it's mounting brackets?

Having played with the wiring on my VR a lot recently there are numerous plugs and sockets that aren't used, probably for optional extras.

I would say that if your car runs ok and everything works then leave it be.

The Bentley manual wiring diagrams do take some understanding first time but once you've got the grip of them they are pretty good.

When i got it, it was completely unpluged from everything and unhooked and did not run. I had no issues locating most of the main plugs and were they go. Im having issues with all the single wires with connectors. Theres also these little union type connectors that snap onto the fuse block, i was wondering what plugged into them theres like 4 or 5 of them.

Hi mate

I have just rewired everything behind my dashboard and in the engine bay post dashboard fire and I can say it can be a nightmare. As said above some of your plugs(like the 2 pin red plug) don't actually connect to anything. The bentley manual is good but I referenced these drawings alot...(sorry stolen fro another forum)

http://clubgti.com/forum/showthread.php?t=173722

and this

http://clubgti.com/forum/showthread.php?t=219775

I wired everything up as per the CE2 fusebox and it worked first time(kindof).

Hope that helps.

This is how my fusebox looks when unhooked. When I looked into unpicking the tangle many of the wires would need to have the plug end removed to untangle. There is a special vw terminal tool which makes this possible.

It would be a nightmare job and I decided the risk wasn't worth it as everything still works ok.