UseOnceDestroy

Battery... on its way out?

Happy new year and all that peoples... Trust you all had a gooden, I woke up with one less eyebrow than I fell asleep with and the mother of all hangovers!

So... I go to pick up my girlfriend from work, got there about 12:30... parked up, engine off, listened to a CD for half hour and battled the hangover with a lucozade sport... also noticed the rear window heater was on too. Turned everything off at 13:00, key out. ****sed in a bottle, not relevant I know but didn't miss a drop. She strolls out at 13:30, went to start the car....... battery's dead. Had to call out the father with some jump leads.

Now, surely a battery should last longer than that no?? Thinkin my battery might be on its way out. Whatcha think? Any battery's well recommended?

Cheers

One of my mates has just finished his MA and was taught online by Steve Vai. Awesome.

Either way, that wasn't relevant, but hey neither was pi55ing in a bottle so there you go.

I bought a Varta silver from these guys last year. Had it on the VR6 then transfered it over to the 8valve. Hasn't let me down, the price was good and I think that's all is relevant:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-CORRADO-1-8-G60-160hp-87-95-Varta-Silver-Heavy-Duty-12v-Car-Battery-/230720780609?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item35b807b941#ht_1904wt_1168

Might just need a good charge, we are exactly at the worst time of year for poor car batteries. Lights, wipers, fans, stereos & that electrically heated back window all use the available output from the alternator leaving little to re-charge battery, if you do mostly short journeys in the dark lately then battery never recovers from 400-500 amp starter drain. If battery is 4 or 5yrs old it may be getting to the end of its life, if its newer I suggest you get 10A charger & leave battery on charge for a day.

give it a good charge and see....

europarts are giving 15% off batts at the moment..... i bought one before xmas online.

Edited by delfinis38
can't spell !

One of my mates has just finished his MA and was taught online by Steve Vai. Awesome.

That boys got some talent to be keeping up with Vai's teachings!

Cheers for your feedback, thinkin about it... I haven't changed the battery since I've had the car which'll be 3 years in July. I don't have keyed entry so shouldn't run the risk of it completely dying, forcing me to pick which window is the easiest to replace!

Think I'll go for the Bosch S5 Battery, with a 5 year guarantee... 15% off (cheers delfinis38)... £70 delivered. Sorted :D

I got a Bosch battery from gsf a couple of weeks ago for 45 notes! That was with a 4 year guarantee though if your picky!

I've got a Bosch silver in mine - £120 from Halfords (couldn't turn it over at all so no chance to shop around!) £45 is a steal.

Go for the biggest you can fit on the tray, then you have a bit more reserve. Worth double-checking you don't have anything as a constant drain too - mine had a big amp in the boot that was always on, which didn't help.

Stone

Yeah I looked around about a year ago when the one in my golf went. Exactly the same battery and halfords was £95, and GSF was £45 but with a year less guarantee for some reason. Doesn't matter, I could have bought 2 at GSF for less!