Kempy

front brake binding /running hot

Near side brake seems to be binding. Ive jacked the car up and it feels alot more difficult to spin then wheel than normal.

I upgraded my valver to G60 breaks this year. So I got literally all brand new parts fitted and goodridge braided hoses.

The wear on the pads seem even but I'll double check all this. Including the fluid

I shouldnt have to replace any parts I hope as they are all new, I think the calipers are rebuilt ones by big red, I bought them off swompy this year.

Thanks

ryan

---------- Post added at 04:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:46 PM ----------

Ive taken a closer look at the pads, the one has worn more than the other, also on the pads them selves they arent wearing evenly. the left is meatier than the right side, if that makes sense?

lol

Yeh I would say its the carriers, where the pads sit onto the carriers is probably sticking.

If you take the pads out and then then clean up the carriers with a wire brush and a screw driver to make sure where the pads sit in the carriers there is no rust or debri getting in the way.

I think the pins and that need a tidy up and greasing to

Yeah good shout - paint also doesn't help on the carriers - you may need to lightly sand the edge where the 'wings' of the pad sit. I'd also push the caliper piston in a bit to check it's not jamed too, give the pads a sand if they have gone shiney from binding.