KADVR6

cant get onto ed38??

well not on my pc but can on my mobile, my pc just keeps on saying "Oooops internet explorer could not connect to edition 38" anyone else having this problem??

Nope, must be just you. They're trying to keep you off there, to give others a chance to buy the bargains!!!

ha ha yeh good point, wonder why ed38 is the only site i cant get on?? been like this for about 3 days.

Oh there's a good Supercharger setup on there for a VR. If only you could see it, I'm sure its up your street :thumbleft:.

It's fine for me too, funny thing is I've been having trouble getting on here today lol.

Oh there's a good Supercharger setup on there for a VR. If only you could see it, I'm sure its up your street :thumbleft:.

yeh the v2 set up, i have pm'd him about it lol

Might be worth clearing your browsers cache.

Yeh done that mate, but i still cant get onto there its proper doing my head in.

Tried turning off any firewalls? Tried another browser such as Firefox or chrome?

---------- Post added at 07:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:28 PM ----------

Also what happens if you browse from another device on the same network? E.g. a mobile phone over wifi to your home router to ed38? I wonder if your IP is blocked.

Edited by Portent

yeh mate, just tried it via my s2 on the home router no problem there, just tried it on google chrome and still cant connect, thing is it was working perfectly well the other day just for some reason its thrown a paddy with ed38.

but cheers for the tips and keep them coming, i even did a command prompt ipconfig /flushdns and the pc said it had resolved all DNS cache problems, but it was fibbing ha ha

Do you have any anti virus or firewall software that might be blocking access if it thinks it's a dodgy site for some reason

Well just tried it with my anti virus fully turned off but nothing, also got some of my IT expert mates looking at it and they cannot understand why its just one site my pc wont allow me to view.

yeh tried that jim and it just comes up with request timed out straight away, bloody strange this is, and also very annoying

---------- Post added at 10:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 PM ----------

well just tried that again and got this instead

non-authoritative answer:

address: 212.115.44.66

aliases: http://www.edition38.com

Ok mate... now could you try at the command prompt again, type:

NSLOOKUP

Hit enter.

Should be taken to a prompt ">"

Then type server 8.8.8.8 and hit enter.

Then at the > prompt just type http://www.edition38.com and hit enter.

It should then give you back the IP address for the server... if that does it then I can take you a through a step which should get you back onto the site.

Ok.. what version of Windows are you on? Also, another test I'd like you to do... at the command prompt again can you type:

tracert http://www.edition38.com

You should show a number of hops but ultimately (after 10 or so) end at http://www.edition38.com .... should look like the attached!

Edited by Jim

i'm running windows 7 home premium Jim, all will try tha in a min as dying for a P lol

---------- Post added at 11:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 PM ----------

i'm running windows 7 home premium Jim, all will try tha in a min as dying for a P lol

---------- Post added at 11:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 PM ----------

well just did that Jim and all i'm getting from hop 1 to 30 is this

* * * request timed out

trace complete

bloody weird this is

Hm... then the lengthy set of instructions I just wrote out probably won't help you. Stupid question but you've rebooted your router and everything?

What happens if, from the command prompt you do the following:

ping 212.115.44.66

You should get some ping returns saying "Reply from 212.115.44.66: bytes=32 time=34ms TTL=58" or very similar..?

Karl did you ever get this fixed? I'm getting the same thing now on mine.

Karl did you ever get this fixed? I'm getting the same thing now on mine.

The server is getting updated, routine maintenance. Could be down for another 12hrs potentially.

Thanks. I did try checking on isitup.com and it was showing as available.