garyc

Electric Window Problem

Having issues with my electric windows,

Basically, my passanger side window has stopped working.

It works when I use the drivers side switch to lower/raise it, which means its not a problem with the window motor???

I've tried replacing the drivers side switch with a switch that I know works but no joy!

Do I need a new window control unit or is there any other possible reason???

Cheers,

Mine did that for a while. First they both worked. Then the driver's side button could lower the passenger's window, but only if the passenger side button was used to crank it up and down briefly first. Then the passenger side button stopped working. Now neither button can lower it!

Still not got around to fixing it, so I'd be interested to find out why too :) When I use the driver's side button I hear relays clicking from behind me, in the region of the petrol tank - relevant?

Stone

yes thats where the window control unit is attached. Might be worth taking off the door card and lubing everything up. As another point, i find that if th ebattery is not well charged there is insufficient power to operate the windows (eg leaving it for a week then trying to open the windows witout the engine running)

lol, good little post this, you got to love electrical gremlins!!!.. when i got my corrado the passenger side window didn"t work.turned out to be the motor just needed a good spraying of wd40 and a re grease. that said, also check out the window control unit/relays which are located behind the rear driver side quarter panel(careful you don"t break the clips, they just need a small flat screwdriver to pry them slightly).i did also spray the relays and refix the earths!! hope my experiences/info is of some help. and good luck!!!!

Could be a fuse actually, noticed my horn has also stopped working :( I still have a bunch of mid-90s OEM fuses installed and they're incredibly brittle. I'll get them all swapped out tomorrow when it's light again...

Stone