Johnny H

Pressed Plates. Yes or No???

Hi Guys

Ive always liked the look of pressed plates on old vw's but I don't know if the Corrado would look good or not?

What do you think??

Has anyone got any pics?

Thanks Johnny

its rare that i completely dis-agree with others comments on this forum but on this occasion i do..

pressed plates i admit can be a grey area and certain pressed plates and fonts are illegal which would result in a fine if found running them on your car, however Legal pressed plates are available..the difference being they are pressed with a uk font and also stamped with the ba5u mark making them legal.

i paid £35 for mine from regal who supply them on behalf of dubmeister, ive run them for best part of two years and never had a problem.

just my 2p..

Yes from me, and I run them on my C. Like the others said, they're not illegal if they meet all the relevant standards - don't get ones in the German font or with a D in the country strip and you're already beating 90% of pressed plate owners ;)

Yes from me. Dont look THAT different to the point of looking wrong, confused by those comments tbh. Never been pulled by the cops either. THey have the BSC code thing on them too.

Look awesome IMO

DSC00120.jpg

But police are cracking down on em so i run standard uk plates that are smoked.

Look awesome, grey area re whether or not they're endorsable though.

BTW - I have a rear pressed plate on mine that meets correct sizing / font requirements etc but definately going to replace it as I don't particularly want 3 points on my license as a result, sod the fine. All you need is the wrong bobby on the wrong the day.

Ten Ton

---------- Post added at 09:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 AM ----------

Abdul - Nice Rad btw

I've just removed the Smoke tinting from my HL's, couldn't see a f***ing thing!

Edited by tentonhammer
punctuation

I think they look great on any car, ive had them on all of my cars (mk4's, mk5 and corrado!!) and i have yet to be hassled by the police about it!! Ive even passed MOT on every occasion with them on! :) as long as you buy the legal font ones you will be fine!

Look awesome IMO

But police are cracking down on em so i run standard uk plates that are smoked.

Those ones don't look like they meet the size/font requirements though - looks like the text is too small and the letters too thin. Happy to be proved wrong, though!

Stone

Agree with Stonejag - You might want to check the sizing etc.

Don't get me wrong, I think pressed plates look WAY better than the standard ones and IMO they're easier to read, you don't get the awful glare across the plate that you do on standard plates. My car's gone through it's MOT 3 times with the rear pressed plate the way it is but the Police couldn't give a sh*t nowadays whether it sailed through it's MOT with them on or not.

Ten Ton