penfoldg60

Self cancelling with momo hub

Pritty new to this after more or less rebuilding my c, there's one thing that seems to be getting the better of me. Since I bought the car 5 years ago it was fitted with a momo hub a steering wheel, and for some reason the indicators don't self cancel!! This wasn't a problem at first by now it getting on my t**s. Could someone please help me

You are going to have to take the hub off and re-align it !

There's a protruding "tab" that sticks out at the rear of the hub, IIRC it goes in the 3o'clock position !

Once the hubs off it will come clear,

Pic shows original wheel with tab 5284f8bc-99d3-23df.jpg

Good luck

Are you saying its a 5 minute job, will give it a go tomorrow. Thanks although with every five minute job comes days of bruised knuckles and lots of swearing. Thanks again gutted didn't sort this before

Yep: hub off, align it with the tab to 3'o'clock and reassemble. They probably put the steering wheel on the boss at the wrong angle, just take it off and rotate it :)

Only my right indicator self cancels. Not really an issue but I'd like to sort it out. Would re-adjusting the boss sort this out? Currently running a MOMO Race wheel (Will be swapping this soon so worth sorting self cancelling at swap out).

Cheers,

Ten Ton

It should do, but it depends on the tab (and how "big"it is) on mine there was just a single pole ! I drilled and tapped the boss and put another pin in about 20mm away from the original.Mine works fine now.

Mine's doing this also.. Thanks for the tip, will take a look sometime when it's warmer.. (Car's in storage).. :)

Only my right indicator self cancels. Not really an issue but I'd like to sort it out. Would re-adjusting the boss sort this out? Currently running a MOMO Race wheel (Will be swapping this soon so worth sorting self cancelling at swap out).

Cheers,

Ten Ton

I had exactly the same when I had a Momo on. It was fitted by the previous owner and I hadn't realised it could be fixed by simply adjusting the boss either. When I put an OEM wheel back on I cleaned up the mechanism and had assumed that was the reason it had been fixed. I'll keep it in mind in case I ever re-fit a Momo.

I had exactly the same when I had a Momo on. It was fitted by the previous owner and I hadn't realised it could be fixed by simply adjusting the boss either. When I put an OEM wheel back on I cleaned up the mechanism and had assumed that was the reason it had been fixed. I'll keep it in mind in case I ever re-fit a Momo.

Same, fitted by previous owner.

Took the hub off today and suprise suprise the allen key bolts were alittle past there best so had to drill 2 of them off, and to add insult to injury the hub has no tab at the base of it,anyone any ideas????

Buy a new one? Should only cost about £20. Beware: some of the eBay ones advertised as fitting Corrados, don't! Think they could be Mk3 ones - fit the spline but don't make contact with the horn slip ring. Double-check before forking out :)

I thought thats the best option, another thought was get a more original wheel are all vw the same fitment i was looking at a wheek from the EOS

Further to above: when I tried replacing the hub I went through three of them that didn't fit before just getting an OEM wheel ;) Unless you're really attached to the Momo I'd just flog it and go original.

Update- Momo wheel out original euro wheel in, although the arse who had the car before me forgot to tell me the spline sleeve was removed!!!! Never known a car cost so much for original parts Grrrr the quest goes on for perfection.

Further to above: when I tried replacing the hub I went through three of them that didn't fit before just getting an OEM wheel ;) Unless you're really attached to the Momo I'd just flog it and go original.

Think I'm starting to agree with you - The more I look at after market wheels, the more I realise how much of a pain they are to fit. Plus the OEM (G60) wheel is a good wheel!

The VR6 one is really nice, don't know why the previous owner changed it really. Suits the interior, horn works and you can use it to go round corners, what more do you want? :)