peterdinosaur

Throttle Cable Help!

Hello all, and great forum, has persuaded me to go and get my first Corrado today, and what a car!

Only one small niggle with my new car and that is that the throttle pedal is a little sticky and i was looking to change the throttle cable, but can't seem to find anywhere to buy one.

I was hoping someone would know where to look for one, if not I have been on speedy cables [edited] which looks like they could make me one, but I don't know what ends or length I would need.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! And I shall get some pictures of the rado up as soon as possible!

Edited by VR6
Edited in case of this being a spam post!

you might not need to change it - have a look by the butterfly in the engine bay and see if its binding anywhere. Might be able to sort things out with a clean up and some oil. Could also be the pedal hinge/spring itself.

It will be the cable it will have frayed, their is a sharp 90 degree bend on the cable as it leaves the cabin into the engine bay and the cable frays at that point and restricts the movement of it inside the casing.

VW sell them, it makes a huge difference