bmcc

Trade in value of Corrado

What do garages/traders base a trade value of a car on?

I am guessing if its like webuyanycar then corrado will not be worth a lot, considering trying to trade it in now as my cars not selling at all or gaining any interest. Would have rather have sold it on but doesnt seem to look if its going to happen anytime soon.

its a 91 G60 in good condition, yrs mot and 6 month tax and 150k on clock.

all depends on the trader and what you're buying.. some will look on autotrader and see what similar cars are selling for, find the cheapest and offer about £800 less than that, others will offer a small gesture just seeing it as an old car.

I cant see your car advertised on here and your link to your ebay ad shows it as removed? I can assure you though that no garage will offer you £1800.

They base it on ,the least amount they can give you and the most they can sell it for . Thats it in a nutshell. What they give you they will be more than covering with the car you purchase off of them . They also know cars inside out whats selling n whats not its there job after all. I dont know how long the c has been up for sale but like any car thats not cheap on ins , uses alot of fuel and is getting on a bit ,it makes them hard to sell , what with the state of the country n all that .The we buy any car.com ad on the radio gets on me nerves '' why clean your car ,polish and wax it , place the ad and wait for people to come round to view?''. Er .......because i will get alot more dough in me bin ,rather than you give me a couple of quid for it thats why .Im ranting now sorry .

Good luck with the trade in, although I doubt you'll get anything for it.

Where have you got it advertised? Good quality photo's speak louder than words, frustrates the hell out of me when you see guys trying to sell they're sh*t and their photos look like they were done on a 10 year old phone...

Ten Ton

Current CAP trade prices for a 91 G60 with 150k are as follows:

Retail: 1325

Trade Clean: 810

Trade Average: 600

Trade Below: 430

I've heard WBAC use trade prices as a starting point then make "adjustments" (ie. deductions) dependent on the results to their questions.

Current CAP trade prices for a 91 G60 with 150k are as follows:

Retail: 1325

Trade Clean: 810

Trade Average: 600

Trade Below: 430

I've heard they use circa CAP trade average as a starting point the make adjustments (ie. deductions) dependent on the results to their questions.

That really isn't alot at all, wow. My guitar is worth more than my car, how terrible!

i have no where to store it and pretty much just want it gone now, as i need to get a car with 5 seats. I have been putting it off as long as possible but im just getting annoyed now, i know i wont get anywhere near what id like for it but im not running 2 cars at the moment as im offshore and barely drive the corrado as it is! since i bought its only done 600-800miles from august

trade against something, im just not buying another car as then i will do even less to get corrado sold and it will end up just wasting away

I have known a few people that ended up paying "we buy any car" to take it away! They give you one price on the web site then less when you get there. They have a £50 admin fee that you pay too!

Put the car on here, lot's of pics and honest description. A lot of people won't travel to Scotland as they see it as a long way.....I would travel anywhere for the right car!

If you are as desperate as you sound to get rid ask for best offer and move on.

yeah a lot of people that have shown interest seem to be from england and put off by distance, i actually dont want to sell car desperately but as it stands i am not insuring two cars at moment, as i have not long got license back after a ban and i need a car with 5 seat, if i had a lock up i would have sornd it and kept it no probs but i dont :(

You are a bit stuck then. If you do sell cheap let someone on here have the bargain and not some trader that will give you a couple of hundred quid for it and treat you like hes doing you a favour. Can't you get a garage to rent from someone where you live, lots of people have them empty and would love £40 a month rent?

Hey fella part of the problem with your add is the terrible pics no offence.

Have a look at other adds on ph and use similar angles that capture the whole car. Make sure the lighting is good too.

Make sure you post the link on here, If we lived closer you could put it on my drive no worries. No one on here live near you and have room to park it for a while?

Where's the ad?

I have known a few people that ended up paying "we buy any car" to take it away! They give you one price on the web site then less when you get there. They have a £50 admin fee that you pay too!

Put the car on here, lot's of pics and honest description. A lot of people won't travel to Scotland as they see it as a long way.....I would travel anywhere for the right car!

If you are as desperate as you sound to get rid ask for best offer and move on.

I used cartakeback.com when I was shifting my old Clio. Not suggesting it's a suitable end for a Corrado by any means but they quoted me £200 and gave me the same on pickup. No £50 admin charge either!

i have asked friends and family, but they are either using it for storage of junk lol or there own cars! and some of them being junk at that!! haha! also tried local council to see if any available and they have none either, so unfortunately the car is looking like it will have to go

---------- Post added at 07:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:19 PM ----------

i cant take any other pics at the moment as im offshore

Just looked at your ebay ad, there seems to be a problem with the wording as it's all overlapping! The previous ad gives the feeling of agressive desperation, I know you can get knobheads and chancers looking for a bargain but I find it's best to politely turn down their offers.

I was looking for a landcruiser a few weeks ago, made an opening offer on one on ebay. I got a refusal and a nasty message telling me my offer was a ...king insult! My offer was a starting point and I was prepared to negotiate upwards to around twice as much. I told him this and told him he was a c**t......then I bought one from someone else!

yeah i noticed that and tried to fix it, but it wont for some reason!

id listen to offers from people on here, as then its going to best place possbile and its a nice little car for someone!

I think it's cos you are cutting and pasting to change font size? Just re-write it.

I sold my VR6 to a member on here the other week, I only owned it for 7 months but my plans changed, I lost on it but I know it's gone to a good home and will be well looked after.......as I said sometimes you have to sell and move on.

yeah i know i will take a loss and i can accept that, but not selling it for 500quid as someone offered! I would honestly rather let it rot away than sell it for that!

I will rewrite the full ad out then and hopefully that sorts it out then maybe, i paid over 2k for it and have spent few quid sorting things out and also on tax and mot, i would be looking in region of 1700 upwards to be honest, i wouldnt go any much lower at the moment

Been trying to find someone selling another suitable car and see if i could get a part ex and cash there way etc but no joy there, yet anyways!

---------- Post added at 08:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:05 PM ----------

haha! now it wont let me edit original listing, only add to it! I HATE ebay!

Corrados are a difficult car to px, not many people want them unfortunately.

Try offering a few of the golf/vento/bora lads on ed38 px's.