Stonejag

Broken coilpack

Hi all,

Has anyone got a duff VR6 coilpack I could have? Doesn't need to work at all, can be cracked to death and the ICM can be fried - in fact I'd only need the back plate, not interested in the rest. I'm just after the loom connector so I can experiment with replacements for the igniter and coils.

At the moment all the coil replacement projects require a working VAG ICM so I'd rather use one that's inexpensive and still going to be available in future rather than butchering an OEM part for each one - would be nice to have another route to go down to replace the coilpacks altogether :)

Happy to pay postage and bung a few quid in the hosting fund for your trouble.

Cheers,

Stone

Sorry, I forgot to reply to your PM mate. I had a look last night and I haven't got any ICMs left. I've only got a set of coils.

I just threw a duff old coilpack in the bin as well...

D'oh! I may be able to cross-ref the connector with something else but you know what VAG documentation is like...

There are some good scrappies around here with tons of Vauxhalls in (close to the factory...) so it would be awesome if I could get it working with something a bit more modern - should keep the supply going for a few more years, at least. A few guys in the states have been running VR6s with coil-on-plug setups from more modern VWs, but you have to use a standalone ECM if you want to stop using wasted-spark, plus they're too short to fit through the inlet manifold.

So, if anybody is about to chuck a coilpack out I'd be very grateful if you could remember this thread before you do :)

Cheers

Stone