dochy

smoke from behind the glovebox.

alright chaps,in need of some help.i pulled a battery out of my garage to connect to my c.unknowingly it was the wrong one and the terminals were the opposite way round.anyway had it connected for a very short time untill i smelt smoke.oopsey.i took the glovebox out to find this thing in the picture.disconnected it and reconnected the battery(correctly)and everything was fine.wasnt starting it as the supercharger is out awaiting rebuild.i only connected it to open the sunroof to check the drains as the passenger footwell was damp.anyone any idea what it is??located above left behind the glovebox.cheers.

on further inspection i.e dismantling the dash it looks like it is part of the alarm/immibiliser system.the cables run up the door post to which i suspect are to the sensors etc.there are loads of fuses etc and it does look like a pretty **** job and to be fair it didnt work great anyway.

does anyone have any experience of stripping it all out?my charger is at jmr and will be back soon so i would like to get it running before i get a new system installed.can it be bypassed?or would i be better getting an auto electrician?cheers.

more to the point of the picture, i notice theres a timmy mallett in the footwell!! serious stuff!!!lol...

jokes aside, i had a similiar problem with an engine immobilizer on my old rs turbo a couple of years back. tbh, i called an electrician, he took about an hour and a half and £50 later it was all done. (i did same thing and apparently it got so hot, it burnt some of the circuits on the motherboard inside, so car wouldn"t start)...bear in mind cash is king and you can get multiple quotes!!! good luck

cheers jeth.i decided to take the plunge today and stripped out all the wiring and immobiliser etc!!****tin masef but it had to be done!!reconnected the wires under the ignition barrel and happy days!!all working perfect now ready for the supercharger!!im glad it was an old unit and fairly basic stuff otherwise i would have been right up **** creek!!ha!!ma baby will be back soon!!