mrcorradog60

new here needing advice on g60 gearbox conversion

Hello folks im new on here looking some advice and some help:) Basically 3 years ago i had a nasty accident at work leaving me in a wheelchair:( I can still drive but now i can only drive automatics using hand controls, i have a ford focus as a daily driver but ive always loved corrados and i was chatting to a mate down tesco the other evenin where he tells me hes selling his mint white corrado g60 which ive been admireing for months and hes only lookin 1500 quid for it:) Problem is its a manual but at that price i couldnt resist so i bought it:) So where do i go from here? i need to convert it from manual to auto. what all parts do you reckon i will need?Im guessing i will need

g60 auto box

possible gearbox mount?(is auto gearbox mount different to manual?)

possible driveshafts(are auto driveshafts different to the manual?)

interior shifter and surround

g60 auto ecu

possible auto pedals

can anyone tell me if they can think of anything else i might need and maybe help me source the parts.thanks

My advice is get one that already has it.it is a long job changing all the parts and that's if you can source parts as parts are getting difficult to get hold off.there is auto corrados out there,nobody really liked them as the gearbox was basic and sluggish and not econamical at all. But that's a good thing as you should be able to find one but you need to loo

Welcome to the CF :wave:

Well peeps? i know no one will will probably have done this conversion before but can anyone see any problems i might face?

I think you've hit the nail on the head; no one will have done the conversion you are after, let alone prepared a write up.

However! In true Haynes manual style, if you can see the conversion done one way, it shouldn't be too hard, in theory, to do the opposite.

http://direct.the-corrado.net/showthread.php?11040-How-to-convert-an-Auto-to-a-Manual

^ That thread will be a good starting point. There are lots of others around on specific areas of the task but that gives a general overview.

HTH (and good luck! :))

Welcome to the CF :wave:

I think you've hit the nail on the head; no one will have done the conversion you are after, let alone prepared a write up.

However! In true Haynes manual style, if you can see the conversion done one way, it shouldn't be too hard, in theory, to do the opposite.

http://direct.the-corrado.net/showthread.php?11040-How-to-convert-an-Auto-to-a-Manual

^ That thread will be a good starting point. There are lots of others around on specific areas of the task but that gives a general overview.

HTH (and good luck! :))

thanks mate:)

yeah i saw that one on ebay so they do exist:) I kind of hoped that if there was one on ebay there might be a few about even on here.

Yes i know buying an auto corrado would have been the easiest thing to do but this one was on my doorstep its white which is my favourite colour its mint and it was cheap.

Im actually a honda man so know very little about volkswagons. Worst case scenario is this auto conversion doesnt work i can always sell up and get my money back, but if thats the case i just hope my crx auto conversion works cause i just bought a 91 crx sir and im converting that to auto too:)

Hi pal, do you have no use of both legs, could you use a lightened clutch? I have build a car for my brother after a motorbike accident left him in the same situation as your self. Pm me.