Haribo

Corrado Aerial base

M reg 95 corrado, ive snapped the aerial off the base and its taken the threaded bit with it, anyone got a base they can sell me?

I think my seal is ok but if theres a decent seal on yours il happily pay for that as a spare :)

please feel free to call, Ive got a long drive ahead of me and I wants me radio back :(

Harry

Have you not tried vw for this it might be a very cheap part , not promising but vw's parts are very hit and miss !! Some things are a rip off but some are very well priced ! Id give them a try for a brand spanker

Haha, thats a good one that Matt... I went to buy a new gasket because mine was shot, the conversation went like this (or what I interpreted it as):

"hi, I'm after a gasket for the aerial"

"right ok, I'll just have a look... In the meantime he's some lube, I'll just double check this price"

"...."

"yea, you can't buy the gasket on its own, you have to buy the base as well, the base is £70"

needless to say I passed on that one.

But in response to the Haribo which one do you want? Late or early? Early has the big aerial wire and an earth, late only has the aerial wire. I have both, £7 posted each or both for a tenner and I think I have a half decent seal to go with each.

Have you not tried vw for this it might be a very cheap part , not promising but vw's parts are very hit and miss !! Some things are a rip off but some are very well priced ! Id give them a try for a brand spanker

yeh they just quoted me 84 quid something.... like ****.....

---------- Post added at 11:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 AM ----------

Haha, thats a good one that Matt... I went to buy a new gasket because mine was shot, the conversation went like this (or what I interpreted it as):

"hi, I'm after a gasket for the aerial"

"right ok, I'll just have a look... In the meantime he's some lube, I'll just double check this price"

"...."

"yea, you can't buy the gasket on its own, you have to buy the base as well, the base is £70"

needless to say I passed on that one.

But in response to the Haribo which one do you want? Late or early? Early has the big aerial wire and an earth, late only has the aerial wire. I have both, £7 posted?

Ah sweet, im after the late one, give us a bell and wel sort it?

Harry

could you not just drill into the stuck thread with a small drill bit, tap a small screw driver into it and unscrew the threaded bit?

Just need a new aerial then

could you not just drill into the stuck thread with a small drill bit, tap a small screw driver into it and unscrew the threaded bit?

Just need a new aerial then

The thread isnt stuck, ive snapped the part that the aerial screws into, out of the base, so ive broken the base. The actual aerial is probably perfectly re-usable.

Polo's and other VW's of the same age used the same base/aerial. Must be plenty at a scrap yard. Just make sure its a post 1994 car with no separate power wire.

Try http://www.vws.me.uk/. Prices are decent and parts I've had have been fine.

The thread isnt stuck, ive snapped the part that the aerial screws into, out of the base, so ive broken the base. The actual aerial is probably perfectly re-usable.

Ah, I see.