Jim

VR Radiator Elbow / Flange Replacement - 2 Questions..

Just some quick Q's on this as I might get over to the lockup this weekend and finally replace the one on mine that's been leaking for a while.

1. Will the coolant most likely have dropped enough that I will be able to swap the elbow with the minimum amount of leakage / topping up or should I be doing a full drain and replace (if so, I won't be doing it this weekend!)

2. Is there a torque value / tightness for the bolts? I don't want to overtighten the sodding thing and damage the radiator..

Thanks.

1. You might still get a small amount dribbling out when teh flange comes off. Nothing major, you can easily top this up if necessary from the header tank.

2. iirc the torque settings are 10Nm

You can always whip your header tank off and let it sit lower in your engine bay too while you do your work...

Just put an old towel round the joint to absorb what comes out. Undo the header tank cap to relieve any pressure in the cooling system and then remove bolts and extract the elbow with its seal.

Yup, 10nm for the bolts.