cupra tommy

16V engine swap help

Hiya Newbie here,

Basically the 16v kr in the corrado has given up the ghost after 175,000! Just need a little information on replacing it with the kr 16v from a mk2 golf !

Is it a straight swap??

As I've read somewhere u have to swap the flywheel over as corrado ones bigger,and that the bolts that attach the flywheel to the crank are one time use only,if so where could I get a set of replacements??

Cheers in advance

Tommy

another kr should be a direct swap

theres always the choice to go to to a 9a or abf for a similar amount of work

vw dealer will sell you the bolts

VW will supply the flywheel bolts, you need 6 part no. N 902 061 03 (hexagonal head bolt, M10, 1mm thread x 19.5mm long)

They are stretch bolts, which is why they need replacing, tighten them to 60Nm and then 1/4 of a turn more, they should come with thread lock already on them.

The corrado cable change gearbox (02A) uses a different flywheel and clutch (228mm) to the rod change (020 box) from the golf.

You can get a Mk3 golf 16v flywheel and clutch if their the same as they use 02a boxes, whereas the mk3 8v uses the 020 box as well. I'm sure someone would know if these are compatible so you can widen your search.