Rorgasm

1994 Corrado 2.0 16v Ice Grey Violet Pearl Build Thread

Hi everyone,

Thought it was about time i put up a build thread for my Rado as I’ve been spending a little time & money on her.

I bought the Rado Of Abdul in May 2011 (previous owner prior to that was Swompy). So she was in pretty good shape already. My to do list consisted of;

•New alloys Done::thumbleft:

•New Discs (Drilled & Grooved) Done::thumbleft:

•Fit new alarm system (whilst sorting central locking) Done::thumbleft:

•New stereo Done::thumbleft:

•Full valet Done::thumbleft:

•Adjust the upholstery & get split seems fixed. Need to look at the doorcards as they have holes were they shouldn't. (Kinda Cheated & ened up getting a whole new late speck interior). Done::thumbleft:

•Clip the heat shield.

Unfortunately I’ve had a run of bad luck with people reversing into me (keep forgetting to turn my cloaking device off);

http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?57568-doesn-t-matter-were-you-park!!!!!

Luckly the second time I got reversed into I saw it happen & the fella who did it gave me £500 cash to fix the bent Panel & damaged front bumper.

After many quote I came to the conclusion I couldn’t afford complete respray but got offered a reasonable price on repairing & respraying from the windows down. The Rado has been in the repair shop for a week now & should be ready to pick up on Friday.

Pics to follow.

Edited by Rorgasm

New Alloys

[ATTACH=CONFIG]51393[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]51394[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]51395[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]51396[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]51397[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]51398[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]51399[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]51400[/ATTACH]

I really think this is the best Corrado colour by some considerable margin.. you just never see cars in this kind of colour any more! I can't wait to see it after the paintwork :)

Thanks to you both. Not that the other colours aren't nice but im with you Jim, it was a no brainer when i saw it:smug:

It was going to be £800-£900 if not more to get the rest sprayed. There is hardly any stone chips or anything that worrents that kinda of money being spent. No doubt i'll be wishing i had it done but you have to draw a line some were.

Aslo getting my leather interior cleaned properly as it's filithy then i'll redye them once the weather gets warmer.

It really is the best colour bar none. If mine ever gets a glass out paint job.... Lol

Nice work mate...

I really think this is the best Corrado colour by some considerable margin.. you just never see cars in this kind of colour any more! I can't wait to see it after the paintwork :)

You sir are correct.

Looking good Rorgasm!

Ok, it's the first sunny day since i've had the Raddo back so i thought i would take some Pics so you can see the how she looks now.

Before:[ATTACH=CONFIG]52397[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]52401[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]52405[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]52409[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]52413[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]52417[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]52421[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]52425[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]52429[/ATTACH]

After:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]52433[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]52437[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]52441[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]52445[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]52449[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]52453[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]52457[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]52461[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]52465[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]52469[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]52473[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]52477[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]52481[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]52485[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]52489[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]52493[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]52497[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]52501[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]52505[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]52509[/ATTACH]

Just a little pic from this morning, hope you all have a good day.:thumbleft:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]69451[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]69452[/ATTACH]

How's the rado mate?

Still regret letting go of this one every time I see it!!!!

Hi mate,

The old girl is still going:thumbleft:

The MOT in Jan was the best part of £2000 though :bonk:

Both front sills needed welding & the rear beam & breaks needed replacing.

It hurt but lets face it if I bought another Corrado it would cost at least that to get it into an acceptable state. I need to update my build thread but finding it hard to find the time at the Moment.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]78876[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]78877[/ATTACH]

Just purchased a CTN Gearbox with a limited slip dif so I'm getting really close to turning her into a 16vG60 just a few more odds & sods I need to get. Need to finish my G60 project first though.

Also bought a CAT D wright off a couple of weeks ago from a local Corrado owner; http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?t=85355 hopefully fix her up & sell her on to fuel my addiction lol.

What have you been up to lately?? any big plans??

Rory

Edited by Rorgasm

Dam really. I replaced all the rear brakes on it when I had it! Those bushes were shot :scratch:

Glad to see it still going strong tho

I haven't done much just got my rado back on the road to try and sell as I have a motorbike now

How's the rado mate?

Still regret letting go of this one every time I see it!!!!

I think the same about my first Ice grey, I think It may have been broken for parts or something, changed hands like 4 times after I sold it within a year or two. Would still have it back in a heartbeat.

Hope you've been well Rory, Corrado's are full of surprises eh!