VeeDub_NZ

VR6 radiator help

I am fitting a 24v BDE motor into my (ex) 16v corrado. I need a VR6 radiator for it obviously so am ordering this one from ECS.

http://www.ecstuning.com/Volkswagen-Corrado--VR6_12v/Engine/Cooling/Radiators/ES3138/

Problem is, in picture 2 you can see the nice elbow fitting that allows a hose to fit. But in picture 4 you can see the other inlet/outlet that is just a gaping hole - no plastic fitting to put a hose on. Can someone tell me what the part is that I need to fit the hose here, or how it fits!?!? I need to order the rad. asap but can't do until I know how it will fit!

Thanks in advance.

Hi.

First of all, that photo is of a radiator that is upside down :)

71556_x800.jpg

The threaded hole is for your fan switch... (recommended to purchase a new seal when fitting to new rad)

The non threaded hole, which is above the threaded one (this is actually for your bottom hose - just jubilee clips over the hole...

All looks ok to me, having just replaced my radiator not long ago, you will probably need a new seal for the top elbow... careful removing the old one though! they go brittle with age and the seal usually falls apart... cant comment on how well that radiator will fit, I've just fitted a hella radiator, which is superb fit. and really good quality...

Hope this helps!

Pete

---------- Post added at 10:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 AM ----------

http://www.radiatorshop.net/store.php?crn=2852&rn=14056&action=show_detail&edit_item=0

this is what ive bought, the price has gone up since though :)

I agree, looks ok. Just upside down for some reason.

It maybe wise to just replace the elbow along with seal (comes with elbow). Also change the fan switch whilst youre at it along with its seal. I didnt do mine when i changed Rad and wish i had - its a bugger to get to whilst the rad is on the car.

Did a full referb on my radiator...

new rad, new elbow / seals and fan switch.... even had the cowel powder coated as well as new fan rings :)

308638_10150351114149132_512334131_8402044_1377424681_n.jpg

fell much better for it now...