jamiehamy

Pad coverage of disc - rear

Hey,

Got new pads and discs for the rear of the S4, however the pad doesn't cover the whole of the discs area, about 6mm short. I noticed this with my sisters Polo too but can't remember for the Rado. These are Pagid pads n discs.

Is this fairly normal? I know the fronts on the rado cover the whole area of the discs (312 TT's).

Anyone else come across this and wondered? Just seems like a waste of disc and that performance would be reduced.

100220121831.jpg

Does the old disk have the same width braking surface? or is it the pads that are narrower?

I wouldn't have thought it would make a lot of difference on the back, pads are half the size of the fronts anyway and don't need to disperse nearly as much energy.

I love the new coated disks though, the ones on the back of my golf and corrado look nearly new after a year each has been on.

standard brembo replacement disks, think pagid are the same now, depends on the stock I had a set of non-abs rears ordered by mistake for the 8v (4 stud) and they came coated, the ABS ones weren't??? so I just swapped the abs rings over as the disks themselves are identical. all the recent disks I've ordered have come through coated now though, rear 5 studs on the golf were too.