KIRAN VRT

Corrado vr6 turbo gt35 - pics and vids up, more to follow.......

Used the Phirm loads in the past; Tim and Paul are great lads but I always seemed to spend a grand everytime I went there. So I stopped, lol!

Mark

Engine :smug:

Hi ollie

Good eye to know thats a fiesta next to my rado

Its a zetec turbo - an absolutely mental build where nothing is factory barr the recaro interior, my mate has gone all out but i dont want to disclose too much as he will kill me lol

Nice build my man, 3" straight through is Mega loud though, cops may be a little annoyed and you might want to carry some ear deafs if your doing more than a 20 mile trip. Can't believe the size difference in runner lengths in the exhaust Mani,number 1 is 3 times longer than number 6! At least its cast and space saving.

Hi ollie

Good eye to know thats a fiesta next to my rado

Its a zetec turbo - an absolutely mental build where nothing is factory barr the recaro interior, my mate has gone all out but i dont want to disclose too much as he will kill me lol

I can imagine... Nice...

Slowly but surely getting my VRT there - still collecting parts at the moment. I'm trying to do it on a piece-meal basis so that the wife doesn't catch me, lol! Next big purchase will be the manifold, hence my question... I'm thinking of giving the whole lot to Vince to build and map, but also heard good things about Dave Walker at Emerald and I thought I'd read you were using one of their ECUs so I wondered if you'd thought of going with them? What took you to Track and Road in the end?

Mark

Hi mark

I was gonna look else, but the lads down track and road have done a couple of my mates cars and seem reasonable cost wise, also im having all my wiring sorted next door to them so im doing all the mechanical and passing it on to have all eletrical done and then next door for mapping

They have promising maps from vrt's mapped in the past so i thought why not, I trust experience and reputation and speaking to the mappers and popping down a couple times while they are mapping so you know how hey work and see how they treat cars on the dyno. ( if i were you i would speak to dave walker and make sure what u need install to be mapped is there, if your going big on power ask dave what injectors will be best for him to map on and also fit a bosche 044 fuel pump, walbro pumps arent enough in my opinion for chasing high numbers.

Anyway if you need any links for parts or info just shout me

Cheers

Kiran

---------- Post added at 5:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 5:48 PM ----------

Hi dannyboy i know what u mean about runner length but i needed a cast mani to do the job as my turbo setup is heavy and there f'all space back there, i know the exhaust is gonna be loud as hell and to top it off my screamer pipe is to atmosphere but oh well, i didnt build this to keeps the cops happy lol ....as said in scarface .....the cops need people like me so they can point their fingers and say thats the bad guy lol

This is looking good, nice to see it's nearly finished

Turbo is the way forward

After its all running i can see a 4wd conversion coming mayb for the end of 2013 lol who knows?

4wd doesn't disappoint in one of these!

This is looking good, nice to see it's nearly finished

4wd doesn't disappoint in one of these!

Hi mate

How did your 4wd turn out, any advice?

i knowthe last post was rubbish lol

Hey guys

Well seeing as the lease was up on the garage, I was forced to push plans forward an finish my car, it still has some tweeks needed, like higher spring rates on the shocks and changing a clutch slave and line but besides that shes pretty much there.

things fitted at the moment include the following but have prob missed loads out lol

garrett gt35 with 1.06 exhaust housing

550cc injectors

emerald k3

spa exhaust mani

tial mv-s wastegate

innovate lc-1 wideband

professional custom made loom (by the way may start producing these for sale as direct fit for rado vrt's and will be usable for alot of the major ecu's)

decomp engine (spacer), rebuilt head + arp head bolts and rod bolts - but i do have a forged bottom end to go on soon lol (wossner pistons, arrow rods, arps, etc)

walbro fuel pump

helix 4 paddle clutch

4" air filter

custom made side exit exhaust

dummy rear exhaust

external screamer

2 X 10" kenlowe fans

intercooler

mikalor clamps and vbands everywhere

porsche brakes, ferodo ds2500 pads

prosport gauges

all aircon removed, also rad fan control removed

ford gen 2 coil pack

obd2 throttle body

custom ht leads

gaz hga suspension

eibach camber bolts

audi tt comp wheels

black leather interior

turbosmart bov

3bar map sensor

porsche boost solenoid

moded sump

catch can kit

moded front bumper

polished inlet and rocker

any way i could go on but heres some pics of her and a couple of vids

i should hopefully have the clutch slave sorted for the weekend so can get more pics/vidz

877AD141-FBA3-4469-B3D3-E6D0FA36B519-4259-0000043DB4F658A4_zps1e0aa7c1.jpg

ignore the catch can on the firewall - had it out whilst bleeding the clutch master lol

8EEA978A-9E62-4C54-962C-3213336C64DC-4259-0000043DD7739726_zpsbedd4392.jpg

she needs a clean, 6 months assembling in a dusty garage what can you do?

5A9DB381-A84B-4956-8FD0-B09FA5676E10-4259-0000043DE00D90C1_zpsb68c3a99.jpg

still need to set the height correct to a good stance

anyway when I went for a mapping session, turned out my wastegate spring was too soft as i could only make 3psi of boost lol (i had a 0.2 bar spring)

so at 3 psi, I made 245bhp and 240 ft/lbs torque - which i think isnt that bad for run one.

heres her on the dyno

http://s931.photobucket.com/user/k1r4n/media/CFA88612-9F3E-4B50-BD08-2E90348459F7-4259-000004493483FFF9_zpsdfa3b516.mp4.html

love how the spoiler goes up after 40 lol

and heres her on road @ 3psi

http://s931.photobucket.com/user/k1r4n/media/797D4828-A620-47BC-A836-3839B012725E-4259-0000043F4D3D86CD_zps3193535c.mp4.html

since this video, waste gate spring has been change and boost is now up to 7psi for the moment, and damn this thing feels nuts, but planted, VRT is so the way forward, i can't believe i once considered a supercharger (no offense to those who do lol)

anyway, i will update this post fully once all the minor bits are sorted and i get back on the dyno for a full boost run lol

Edited by KIRAN VRT