Redfox

Good sounding head unit with no bling bling or out of this earth design.

Hi Corrado fellows,

I've finally given up on the Blaupunkt head unit in my Corrado. It's a San Diego MP27. The problem is, that the blue on/off button, have gone lazy. Sprayed it from outside with contact cleaner, which works a treat for seat buttons, etc, but no good. I am not at all interested in Mp3, iflod whatever, and I am nt at al interested in big speakers, boosters, ½ farad, boxes, amps etc. So what I need is a well playing h.u. with a decent radio and a cd-player with a propper da converter and amp built in, and pref in black with no martian-looking design, no blip/blop etc. Don't give a rats ar.e if it is second hand or new, as long as it plays well on the built in loudspeakers. I don't really use it much, and don't play loud, but I like the quality sound. (stereo belongs in the living room and in the concert hall ;) )

So, my question is this: Which one ?

Cheers,

Redfox.

Or a Nakamichi if you're ok with second hand. I've had the same Nak CD400 for the last few years, despite their slightly flaky reputation for reliability. Green illumination which matches the Corrado's, too!

Pioneer DEH-6010MP - The sound quality on these are pretty decent, rich clean low frequencies to crystal clear sparkling tops. It's got a nice old skool feel to it with it's singular large rotary wheel.

I'm not a "throw a bass box in the boot" kinda guy, besides I wouldn't get one in there - my dog would make certain of that! But I do suggest upgrading the rear speakers at least if you intend on putting in a high quality Head Unit. You can however get away with just replacing the HU as in most cases the HU is at fault NOT the speakers. The Corrado HU and Drivers (rear and front) are to be honest - pretty f*cking terrible IMO, mainly because the units themselves are quite old and dated. Technology has moved on a hell of alot since the 90's and by simply upgrading the HU alone you'll hear a massive difference.

I worked in the high end audio buisness for years, working with big rig sound systems etc on a daily basis and the one thing you learn very quickly is that a good system is about the quality of sound not the size of the boot behind it.

Edited by tentonhammer

Points taken, thanks.

Since car is not exactly the best room to listen in, I just want okay nice sounding cd-playback on the standard slots/placeings. (single h.u. and speakers).

What is the converters on the nak model. There's been one cd45 for sale around me, but just sliped me. Is it a decent Burr Brown or just some unified something, or a lousy Bour Brown?

Id it also a decent mosfet amp or something else interesting?

Anyway for now I got myself a brand new Blaupunkt Malaga cd36. I know, a cheap one, but lookswise it's perfect, form/function is also better than other I've had, and all is black ;) No bling/silver crap at all !!! ;) ;) ;)

It actually plays better than my Blaupunkt Mp27 and JVC KD-S70R and some sonys etc I have either had or tried. Funny.

Anyway, I am still looking out for a better model head unit. Single cd, radio, amp, no bling bling, black, easy to use, and stable plus green display.

Am a bit of HiFi nerd myself, and been listening for over 29 years to all sots of quality gear, incl. all my own ;) For example I spend over ½ hour to calibrate each side of each individual tapeside when recording on my Tandberg TCD-3014a. I gurantee you it outperforms most fairly good cd's. Anyway I listen to LP's and CD's. Mp-crap is out in eternity for me. Download is also a foreign word I don't understand. Bass can contrary to what many says, well be heard in stereo, so subs and alike is out of the equation. ;) Just my two-p.

lastly: I must admit that the wheel knob for colume is a real pleasure to use on the Blaupunkt.

on my former Golf, I put in a decent h.u, quality HiFi speaker cables, Fat quality cable from battery to radio, Monster plugs and spades with 24 carat gold plating, a mixture of speakers (only the 6 standard placements), which also included infinity and JBL, and it played okay, but surely I can hear the Corrado playing better now, which is a noce surprice.

I will therefore ask what are the best speakers for replacing the standard ones? (only for standard placement)?

No detatchable face is okay for me, as I am being really anal about not leaving my Corrado when it's outside.

How about the Audi Concert II?

Here's a picture of my new Blaupunkt cd36:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]52741[/ATTACH]

Thanks all,

Redfox

Edited by Redfox

As above the nak decks are rated as pretty much the best out there, while the Becker is close behind and both would really suit the interior.

Second hand the clarion decks of a few years ago were excellent, before they went all Las Vegas lights!!!

Anyone else with pics of a Blaupunkt mp36 ???

I really like the look. Its match the corrado dashboard perfect.