cptkirk

front calipers wont bleed up

ive had the car in the air for a while....in this time ive took all the calipers off and cleaned them, painted them and fitted new pads...

now the rears bled up no problem..altho im going to do them again because it was off the ground..

how ever...the fronts wont bleed at all..ive had the nipples out to see if there blocked and it still wont bleed..the pedal is hardish and wont drop with both nipples out lol....its really got me puzzled.

ive looked through threads with no joy

my cars a 1990 with no abs

Not a clue really but could it be related to the brake pressure valve on the rear beam as you have had all calipers off and the car in the air etc ?? might be worth a go at resetting it.

Of your car had not received regular two yearly brake fluid changes, which it does seem is so, then it is possible for the very small bore drilling that allows fluid to pass when the bleed screw is released can indeed become blocked. It is also possible that if you have clamped off the front flexi hoses that they could have collapsed internally.

I would suggest you remove the bleed nipples from the front callipers, and check that they are deffinately not blocked. Then take a pointed small pointed pick and gently but firmly use this to clear an obstruction within the bleed nipple port, in the calliper. If you still have no flow of fluid, then remove the flexi hoses from the affected callipers and check you have good fluid flow through these to the calliper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iv had this before, turns out there was something blocking the passage in the caliper,remove caliper and make sure you got fluid flowing nicely out of the brake hose so you know your free up to that point, remove bleed nipple from caliper and give them both a blast with compressed air to try and clear any blockages..