Sign in to follow this  
stormseeker

Plastic Welding (again)

On Monday I had all the plastic engine covers off the VR, as I was checking/cleaning the ISV. So, I thinks to myself lets give them a bit of a clean (as the silver top cover has a nasty brownish tinge to it :o ).

So had them washed & scoured and then propped up on the back kitchen windowsill to catch some Sun to help dry them.

Went back round the front of the house to carry on working on the C only to hear an almightly crash round the back of the house a few minutes later. Sure enough the B4st@rd wind had blown the silver top cover off the windowsill and it had snapped one of the back mounting lugs off as it hit the ground :-( :-( :-( :-( :-(

Anyway, had to resort to the old soldering iron again, "plastic welded" it back on. Didn't really expect it to stand the vibration & heat stress of the engine, but fingers crossed it's holding together so far ... :-)

Think I'm gonna have to paint the cover to get it silver again, as it's really nasty looking.