gazyork

G60 wont idle need to keep it reving, it used to be fine help!!!

hi i am having some right probs with my G60 it wont idle it starts fine but you need to keep it reving above 2000 rpm to stop it stalling could this be isv or a vacum hose prob or even a ecu relay. any help or suggestions would be great.

thanks

Hi mate, check if your idle screw is still fitted in the back of the throttle body. A little mirror, or taking a pic with a mobile phone will help. It's a brass (flat head screwdriver type)

Neil.

As said above,check the idle screw. The ISV should buzz before starting the engine to check its working and give it a clean if its gunked up.g60s won't idle if the isv is unplugged or not working so I'd check that first before touching the idle screw.also check the small hose that goes from the manifold to the isv.they fall apart and all 3 g60s I've have had tears on the underside of the hose.easiest to check first.

But never unplug the isv while the ecu is powered,it burns the is drivers out and the car will never idle properly again

Thanks for the help guys will check all that first. It has run fine then its been parked up for a while a friend had a look not sure if he knew to much. Hope he has not unplugged the isv a fried it.

Check / clean ISV. Check for signs of corrosion / loose wires on terminal block, clean if necessary.

Recently had the same thing happen to me - Turns out a wire had broken away from the ISV terminal block. A simple re-solder and length of heat shrink fixed the problem.

thanks for the help guys like i said its been running fine but stood for a while then a friend said oh i will have a look but not sure if he has made it worse i have just noticed a block connector and wire that i dont know where they go. will post a pic and see if anyone can help.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]52793[/ATTACH]

hopefully there is a pic to view there is the block connector and two wires also where the hell do they go.

Hmm not original, but seems to be an earth tag judging by the end of it. Normally goes to the nearest rocker cover bolt if it is.

well come the weekend hopefully i can try out a few of the suggestions from some of the other posters i just hope its a simple fix. the previous owner put the engine in and was running fine, thanks again guys for all your help, :thumb right: