cupra tommy

16v running problem

Me again,

Basically the car idles fine,but as soon as you try to move the car the revs plummet and the car stalls???

Anybody got any suggestions as too what could be causing this??

Cheers tom

Check all the air induction hoses and pipes between the air filter housing and throttle valve. Ensure thee termed air supply to the throttle valve is not being influenced by loose connections or splits in the hoses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So went to start the corrado today and when I start it,it will only idle with my foot on the throttle otherwise the revs drop an it stalls??And

when it does stall you have to leave the car for a good 10 mins before it will even start again!! If you try and restart it straight after stalling the car turns over but will not spark into life!! I had the car running yesterday and left it idling for a good 45 mins and it was fine,but you couldn't drive it because as soon as you lifted off the throttle to put into gear or change the revs would drop and stall the car This is all after I've swapped a new kr engine into the car after the last one died,all I changed was the block and clyinder head,all ancillaries and everything else were from the old engine which ran fine before it decided to throw a Conrod through side of the block!!!

Honestly at wits end,any help greatly appreciated Cheers tom

Sounds like back to basics time as you have had everything off the engine. Ignition timing, fuel mixture, cam timing and the above mentioned check of all hoses would be my starting points.

^ really does sound like the vacuum hoses underneath the air intake piping are split soomewhere - i had this exact problem/symptoms... car would start and idle if you gave it a bit of gentle throttle but die by itself and once dead would not start again for 10/15 minutes... turnt out to be a vacuum hose i had forgot to put back on! (going to the valve on the back of the air box) but this would obviously have the same effect as a split hose, easy to check - just remove the centre piece of induction hose which connects the metering head to the throttle body and inspect all the (4mm?) vacuum hosing for cracks; try gently bending it in places to see if splits appear (will make them more visible). :thumbleft:

Evening, just a quick update,so got home from work and decided to check the vaccum pipes as suggested, low and behold the small length of pipe that attaches the sensor like thing that's attached to.back of air box to the rest of the vaccum pipes had split near enough in half,so replaced that,and first turn of key an fired straight up,now idles and runs fine :D

So would just like to say a big thanks for the help and advice that's been given,just shows the value of having forums like this!!!!

Cheers Tom

Can't beat a healthy forum! Can't wait to check my vacuum hoses Sunday, one thing I haven't done yet and I'm having similar issues.