beatboxg60

2 main issues

morning gents,

my g60 is well lumpy on start up, im almost sure its fuel air ratio but when i took it to my local vw garage they couldnt get the ecu to chat to the vagcom, i belive someone had it mapped prev to my ownership but this shouldt prohibit the vagcom should it, i wanna try and trace the signal wires back to the ecu but was wondering if anyone could enlighten me to which direction behind the dash they run, as its my daily i cant unfornunatly tear it completely apart but i can remove the luxurys as its summer now, radio , heat controlls ect..

many thanks

andy

they dont work on vag.com..car is too old tech

i dont think the car uses the o2 sensor on start up , but the wires run from down near the rear engine mount up to the ecu , best use a multimeter on the continuity setting to check between the sensor and ecu plug

id maybe consider a new vag blue temp sender ..that can cause starting troubles and make sure its vag not some ebay tat

Yes confirmed, the vagcom blocks are purely for the ABS on the later G60s I am afraid.

I too would suggest you swap the blue temp sensor

thanks guys il get on that, how does the old girl get mapped then, so the computer that the garage plugged into on the center console is only for the abs system, it works fine on my g40 and they both share the same ecu system and plugs, blue temp sensor, is this located on the water system or air intake system, ordering parts now

thanks

andy

how does it get mapped? replace the ecu chip with a differant one

fault finding is the old fasioned way im affraid

blue temp sender is right on the front of the cly head area in the coolant hose , hard to miss really, could also clean up the earths and check the battery voltage is decent when running

Edited by steveo29

ok il change the blue temp sender, multi the lambda, will change the ht leads rotor arm and dizzy and c what we get,

does the corrado not have fault codes??, my 40 comes up with them all the time when things get unplugged and plugged back in

thanks