Portent

how do you remove the retaining clip holding the heater vent foliage seal down?

The wiki suggests sliding it with a flat headed screwdriver but I can't seem to get it to move in any direction. How does the clip remove? Thanks.

When I did mine i stood over the wing and pulled the clip back towards my body (so the clip basically goes toward the water run off area in the scuttle). Long flat head works. Try pressing the cover down to take any pressure of the clip and then pry off...

Thanks. That did it. I just used more force but didn't want to brute force it until I knew I was trying to push the right way. Thanks again.

---------- Post added at 7:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 6:23 PM ----------

Getting it back in was a pain in the arse lol.

Thanks. That did it. I just used more force but didn't want to brute force it until I knew I was trying to push the right way. Thanks again.

---------- Post added at 7:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 6:23 PM ----------

Getting it back in was a pain in the arse lol.

another job on the c that you need super long spindly fingers for lol.

Agree with both points about the windscreen trim and the long nose pliers. I thought I was going to break the trim when I popped it off but luckily didn't. And the pliers were invaluable to position it back into thought place when reinserting. Then a quick pry with a screwdriver again. I also put some washing up liquid into it to help lubricate it on the way in.

I found that my trim had been bonded in! Nightmare get it off, got new trim and clips job done properly now!