lewvw

Lewvw's Blackberry VR6 for sale again

Paint looks great, well done.

Shame about that spotweld on top of the tailpipe, if the tailpipe is Stainless you should get it ground off and re-polished.

Cheers :) Yeah I tried to clean up the spot weld but was not to be, I'll probably get the dremel out this weekend and see what I can do.

BBS RX's refurbished and powder coated hyper silver by who used to be Lepsons in Swindon. :)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]64357[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]64361[/ATTACH]

Really happy with these, big thanks to Wes for the sale and very helpful attitude.

So this is the new long distance runner/gf's wheels. I got it for (me)you which is basically when you get a loved one a gift which on first appearance is just that but is actually more for you ie. Nintendo DS, cd's, Fabia Vrs :)

But I did not pay for this I might add. I just got it trade from work which was an absolute steal :)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]64365[/ATTACH]

Cheers guys, Heathers well chuffed with it. It definitely feels like its been remapped! It's a bloody rocket!

Bet the torque is a bit savage! How does it handle?

---------- Post added at 7:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 7:09 PM ----------

Gonna fit a Cupra intake? Everyone on Briskoda does this- sees some good results.

Bet the torque is a bit savage! How does it handle?

---------- Post added at 7:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 7:09 PM ----------

Gonna fit a Cupra intake? Everyone on Briskoda does this- sees some good results.

I haven't really given it a blast through any twisties yet, but it does ride very well (as would anything compared to a Corrado on coilovers).

I said to myself that I wouldn't spend any of my money on it bar maintenance, stop giving me ideas :lol:

BBS RX's refurbished and powder coated hyper silver by who used to be Lepsons in Swindon. :)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]64357[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]64361[/ATTACH]

Really happy with these, big thanks to Wes for the sale and very helpful attitude.

No worries buddy, they look awesome. But hey I knew they would lol!!

Cleaning the Corrado today, washed off a few medium sized bird craps and when chamoising off I noticed one has burned quite badly into the paint

[ATTACH=CONFIG]69224[/ATTACH]

Does anybody know if this will cut out?

She does scrub up well for a daily :)

That's a bad one :( It really pays to get it off asap, as it is powerful stuff. Try cutting it, but it may well need a gentle wet sand and machine polish. Removed a similar one from my Dad's car before by doing this.

Be careful when attempting to remove the mark.

I have one on my bonnet and one on my wing that have burnt through the lacquer... Was on there for 2 days before I washed it off

Got some ideas but not sure, need some suggestions.

I have a Corrado script badge in primer, what colour to paint though?

My VR6 front and rear badges are both silver.

My Front VW emblem is silver and the rear black.

My door handles and no. plate plinth are faded.

Any ideas for colours and combinations?

Shame to see you selling up Lew I'm sure we'll see you back again

I'll still be about with the mk2, there's no forum quite like this one! That's if it sells, i'm happy either way :)

I'll still be about with the mk2, there's no forum quite like this one! That's if it sells, i'm happy either way :)

Lovely looking machine. I wish I could afford to buy it at the moment, but just committed to buying another VR. Good luck, hope it goes to a good home who will approach ownership in a similar fashion to yourself. Get some photos up of the Mk2 as and when

Cheers Bill, that's the reason it's only for sale on here, I want to know it's gone to a caring home and if one of us doesn't buy it then I may keep it. I'm buying the mk2 on sat anyway and ideally don't want two weekend cars!

Crazy :( Lovely Rado in the best colour. What's the spec of the MK2? Hope it's worth it...