Dredgey

Dilemma on how best to sell my Corrado, suggestions please?

Hi all,

I need to sell my VR6 and keen for suggestions.

He's the scenario- I've owned the car for 12 years and always looked after it but a few years ago it got to the age where the common faults started to appear and a year ago the heater matrix went. Since then its been parked on my driveway and started up every couple of weeks.

Its an Aqua Blue Vr with 120k on the clock, black heated leather in good order. It has 17" Dare supermesh alloys on it which frankly need removing as they have become shabby but the tyres are all good. I have the original alloys (but the tyres on those are shot). As I say the heater matrix needs doing and an ABS sensor needs replacing. Other than that its mechanically sound and the electrics are fine. Its fitted with coilovers and I have changed the gearknob (to one of first Zender gearknobs), steering wheel and rear lights but have all the original parts still so would fit these back on. Bodyworkwise, it was resprayed down the sides a couple of years ago (as some bstard keyed both sides) but the rear bumper had a slight knock by an annonymous crettin which damaged the paint and the front drivers wing needs attention. The front fogs and indicators are brand new. There is some audio in the car which I would remove and sell seperately.

It has no MOT or tax so my question is do I see if it passes an mot (would obviously need to sort the ABS sensor for this) and sell it. Or, I have been potentially offered £700-£800 as it is currently? I don't really know what it would be worth with an MOT but its going to cost me a couple of hundred quid to get it through assuming it only needs the ABS sensor...?

It would make a great base for a project car or a good standard car for someone who is good with working on cars. Suggestions please!....

Well,

£700-£800 for a car with no T&T is a good price.

As it's been sat for ages you don;t know what things have seized or what horrors may arise when it's MOT'd or driven for the first few weeks.

It depends how much time you have really and how confident you are in the car for passing the MOT.

I would say £1500-give or take for the car with T&T in the condition you've described.

£2000 will find you a very good condition VR6 nowadays as the value of these have dropped as of late.

I wouldn't let it go for that little, it might only need 50 quids worth of parts and the leather alone could go close to 7/800 on e-bay.

I'd get an MOT done and then at least even if you don't do the work you can sell it with an independent estimate of the cost of work to get 12 months ticket on it.

My suspicions are it would go for well over a grand on e-bay even without the MOT and a lot more with it done, base don your description of the rest of it.

I agree with davidwort, no way would I sell if for that - especially without more knowledge.

What year is it ? How many owners has it had - all relevant to the price too. Has it had the chains done ? If so - was with with new clutch too?

I too would put it through an MOT and see what it fails on

But he has to consider the cost of getting it to the MOT station too; it would need to either be trailered or taxed and insured. That may make it not worth getting an MOT.

I know it won't make you feel any better but I bought a Corrado in exactly the same state as yours is currently in for £500 3 years ago.

At that time they had better valueas well.

Sent from my HTC Desire

Thanks for the replies. Kinda backed up my thoughts really- I was guessing at £1250-1500 with an mot so if it costs a couple of hundred quid to get it through an mot I'm still up on the £700-800. Good point Portent, although there is a mot garage about a minute around the corner. They believe as along as an mot is booked and I am insured I should be ok? Gutted that its come to this really but I'd rather see it sold than sad there looking sorry for itself...

If you are taxed and insured then yes you can drive to and from pre-booked MOT. It must be booked in advance though.

I have been wondering a simiar thing to the OP for a while now.

Are Corrados worth more broken in parts, than a complete car?

I have been wondering a simiar thing to the OP for a while now.

Are Corrados worth more broken in parts, than a complete car?

At that price, yes. That's why many are being broken now. As mentioned by someone above, the leather in his is worth nearly as much as the total car.

If you are taxed and insured then yes you can drive to and from pre-booked MOT. It must be booked in advance though.

I don't believe it needs to be taxed as you can't buy tax without an MOT. So as long as it is insured and the MOT is prebooked, you're good to go.

I've broken my last corrado on parts, first got me 2k more in pocket than I paid, second one got me around 1k more than I paid and I kept beige leather interior.