Sign in to follow this  
Trilidon

Numerous problems...requesting help ;P Im a newb

1. headlights dont work at all(Euro lights are put in but I think they need some larger wiring or something)

2. None of the switches on the dash work

3. have to hold the rear defroster button down for it to work

4. AC isn't working, friend said he thinks the cold air condenser has a leak

5. I can't get the damn hood to open

This is my first car and I am no mechanic ;P Any help would be appreciated. I am kind of low on funds at the moment...so want to try and do stuff myself if I can. Friend of mine who has more experience with cars said he will help me out some when he isn't at school or work.

Nope,i dont even know where they are located =P I figured that could be the problem though from what ive read on this site

where are you located mate? i take it your in the states...

the fuse box is located under the drivers side steering column...

you'll see two black plastic lugs holding the shelf in....pull these down slightly...then the shelf should pop down with some help.

Behind it is the fuse box...

Check all wiring behind the lights too...and your defroster switch must be broken...or atleast i believe so...it may need to be taken apart to see.

As for the hood not opening....hmm...we'll come to that after the fuses are checked :wink:

Anything in particular I should be looking for on the fuse box? I haven't checked it I just got home from Ireland.

I did notice that the lights on the car do work, at least the high beams do...one of them turns on when you hit the headlight switch, the other goes on when you hit the foglight switch =/ wtf?

Any ideas why it could be doing that?